Question

Unable to tether while roaming in Spain

• 14 September 2021
  • 6 replies

I'm trying to tether my laptop from my mobile while I'm here in Spain. I'm using a Cubot King Kong Mini and roaming is fine, but laptop shows connection takes place saying no internet. I'm not finding any info about tethering caps, so how can I fix?  

My access point settings appear to be fine, I have good internet access via phone but won't tether on any other device, I also tried a second phone to no avail. Thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Mishko,

Sounds frustrating, but iD don’t support tethering.

To see more about their policy read the following thread:

Is there a charge for Tethering? | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice. (idmobile.co.uk)

Good luck anyway! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Mishko welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with tethering. May I ask how long you have been in Spain?

Has this worked before, or is this the first time?

Hi @Mishko welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with tethering. May I ask how long you have been in Spain?

Has this worked before, or is this the first time?

My network was stored in the computer, which means I probably got it tested at home in the UK and worked (although I can't remember) I have been here about a week and neither WiFi hotspot nor USB tethering work, roaming works okay only via phone. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mishko,

Our SIM cards don’t work in MiFi type devices, so this will be why it works in the phone, but not in your other device.

Sorry for any disappointment caused.

Will

Hi @Mishko,

Our SIM cards don’t work in MiFi type devices, so this will be why it works in the phone, but not in your other device.

Sorry for any disappointment caused.

Will

I didn't use a MIFI router, I tried to hotspot into my laptop. But knowing all this now is a deal breaker, enough to ditch this provider 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sorry that’s the case @Mishko.

Take care, and please let us know if you require any assistance with your disconnection.

Will

Why iD Mobile?