Question

unknown caller ID

• 8 February 2024
  • 11 replies

I cannot see caller ID so don't  know who's calling. This is not a phone issue, so must be something related to ID. Can anyone help?

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe the caller has withheld their identity when calling you, @Tom_1653.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tom_1653,

Welcome to the Community!

Does it state No Caller ID or- Private Number?

If you could possibly provide a screenshot we can advise further.

Kash

Hi, is there a way to retrace a number if a person has withheld it by enabling no caller id?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi, is there a way to retrace a number if a person has withheld it by enabling no caller id?

No. If we could do that then there would be no point in hiding the number in the first place.

I have the same issue, as since early Feb any contact in my phone that calls me, including my wife comes up as unknown, I've checked phone settings and no change. I don't understand why this is happening, could this be sn ID issue? I have only been with ID since early Jan.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Android or iPhone @richardb75? Is it just calls from your contact list that show up as unkown or all incoming calls?

Thanks @WelshPaul -Android, it seems to be mobiles only. A square with an hd shows up next to where it says unknown.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

A square with an hd shows up next to where it says unknown.

It signifies High Definition calling. You and the contact it shows up against were both using VoLTE, most probably, and possibly were on the same network as well.

So landline numbers show a CLI but all incoming calls from 07 numbers show as unknown?

Hi @WelshPaul I have had calls from landlines, other mobiles and people with ID accounts and all showing up as unknown. Any ideas why? :-)

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Maybe it’s just as simple as they withheld the number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @richardb75,

Are you able to test the SIM in another handset?

It may also be worth trying a replacement SIM card.

From what I know any with holding of the number is done from the sender/callers end.

Is there any chance you know someone with an iD Mobile number that you can ask to place a test call?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?