Solved

unreadable pdf invoices Dec 23 and Jan 24

• 15 January 2024
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

I am able to read my invoices up to and Incl Nov 23 on my iPhone via the app and safari. 
however Dec 23 and Jan 24 are not. 

what’s the fix? I can open old bills I’ve never opened before but not the last 2 months….  When will this be fixed? Poor customer service. 

icon

Best answer by Lauren 17 January 2024, 12:56

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps get a PDF reader app for your iPhone, @SirCharles.

You should be able to read your iD bills in the reader app, while Apple / iD Mobile crack on with a fix. 

Userlevel 2

This is an issue which ID Mobile are claiming is an apple issue.

Its not an apple issue as every other PDF opens perfectly fine so it has got to be something to do with the way ID create the PDF’s

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is an issue which ID Mobile are claiming is an apple issue.

Its not an apple issue as every other PDF opens perfectly fine so it has got to be something to do with the way ID create the PDF’s

Could this issue be related to the version of iOS running on the iPhone?

Userlevel 2

No its happening on my iPhone, iPad & Macbook and only ID Mobile PDF’s

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No its happening on my iPhone, iPad & Macbook and only ID Mobile PDF’s

Ah, seems to suggest a possible issue with the billing PDF produced by iD’s system.

Userlevel 2

It has to be something with their systems way of producing the PDF as if it was an apple ios issue then other providers pdf’s would do the same, and they are all working perfectly

I am guessing either the system that creates them is causing the issue or the font inside is no longer supported etc..

Userlevel 1

Yeah I think it is now they create the pdfs.  I can open pdf bills up to and incl Nov just fine. But the last 2 months is a no.  Suggesting IDM have done something to how they create rhe pdfs

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @SirCharles, thanks for attaching the screenshot, that helps.

We have identified an issue for some customers using the App and trying to view their bills when on iOS 17. Some customers when opening the PDF may not be able to view the full breakdown of the bill, and it may appear jumbled or unclear. This is not an iD Mobile issue specifically or a problem with the service. We have seen many comments online about people using iOS 17 and having issues viewing PDF’s with all companies, so this is an iOS issue.

We don’t have timescales for when Apple can fix this issue unfortunately, so we recommend customers use free PDF viewer Apps as an alternative until Apple resolve the problem. For example, the Adobe Acrobat Reader App and the PDF Viewer app are both available on the App store and can be used to view our PDF bills from our App.

-Lauren

Userlevel 2

Hi @SirCharles, thanks for attaching the screenshot, that helps.

We have identified an issue for some customers using the App and trying to view their bills when on iOS 17. Some customers when opening the PDF may not be able to view the full breakdown of the bill, and it may appear jumbled or unclear. This is not an iD Mobile issue specifically or a problem with the service. We have seen many comments online about people using iOS 17 and having issues viewing PDF’s with all companies, so this is an iOS issue.

We don’t have timescales for when Apple can fix this issue unfortunately, so we recommend customers use free PDF viewer Apps as an alternative until Apple resolve the problem. For example, the Adobe Acrobat Reader App and the PDF Viewer app are both available on the App store and can be used to view our PDF bills from our App.

-Lauren

Your reply does not make sense as you have said that its an iOS issue but iOS and Mac OS are different operating systems.

Also if it was an issue with apple then it would be an issue with all PDF's and believe me I get tons of PDF’s every month both personally and for work and none of them have any issue’s on my iPhone, iPad or MacBook the only one that has issue’s is your PDF so your response does not correspond with whats happening in the real world so keep claiming its apple at fault is not correct

Userlevel 1

I totally second this: I’m getting number of PDFs every month, from various sources - NONE of them ever caused any viewing issues on any of my devices… until I encountered my first iD mobile bill. It’s totally unreadable on both iOS 17.2.x and macOS 14.2.x (Sonoma). However, to my surprise, the same PDF renders just fine on my old Mac running pretty ancient Big Sur (11.7.10) 🤷‍♂️

So, there must be a combination of factors but certainly one cannot claim it’s purely Apple problem, because none of my other PDF suffers from the same problem…

Userlevel 2

Hi All 

It’s obvious that no one at ID Mobile is taking ownership of this issue and are basically going to ignore us and pass the buck.

I will try at the weekend to make time to email Alex Baldock (curry’s CEO) with regards to this and the poor excuses we are getting (if I don’t get time this week as i do have a lot on this weekend I will be able to the following weekend) and if that doesn't work I will personally make sure that I attend the next Currys shareholder meeting and bring this up then (as a shareholder I have the right to attend them so they can’t ignore us forever).

At the end of the day this level of poor service and ownership is going to make people leave ID Mobile after their contract period ends and give ID Mobile a poor reputation which is stupid when all they have to do is sort out the issue and its not a difficult issue either the rendering type is no longer supported by apple or the software is not rendering correctly for it to universally read as a PDF.

Both as a customer and shareholder I have vested interest in this getting solved as quickly as possible.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi All 

It’s obvious that no one at ID Mobile is taking ownership of this issue and are basically going to ignore us and pass the buck.

I will try at the weekend to make time to email Alex Baldock (curry’s CEO) with regards to this and the poor excuses we are getting (if I don’t get time this week as i do have a lot on this weekend I will be able to the following weekend) and if that doesn't work I will personally make sure that I attend the next Currys shareholder meeting and bring this up then (as a shareholder I have the right to attend them so they can’t ignore us forever).

At the end of the day this level of poor service and ownership is going to make people leave ID Mobile after their contract period ends and give ID Mobile a poor reputation which is stupid when all they have to do is sort out the issue and its not a difficult issue either the rendering type is no longer supported by apple or the software is not rendering correctly for it to universally read as a PDF.

Both as a customer and shareholder I have vested interest in this getting solved as quickly as possible.

In addition, maybe you can mention the SIM card issue, where a batch of iD SIM cards seems to have been programmed with the incorrect number for the iD Mobile voicemail service. 

This batch is using +447782333129, instead of +447782333123. 

Good luck with this endeavour, @WayneSoton.

I  raised a ticket yesterday and it seems like ID Mobile have posted a general fault with viewing and downloading PDF Bill files from the App and Browser. I could not view current or old invoices since  Dec 23,  And it’s still the same as of his morning….I cannot access my invoices for my VAT return on the 7th grrrrrr 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Vincent Goss,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried downloading a PDF viewer on your handset and trying that way?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?