Solved

upgrade options are worse for loyal customers

• 13 June 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been with iD Mobile for nearly 5 years and each year or time I’m eligible I have been able to upgrade to a newer model, that is until this time. 

I am being offered not only older models of my current handset, but being asked to pay upfront charges.  

having looked at the website new customers are being offered the latest iPhone models, as well as better bundles for lower prices than I am currently paying!

When I spoke to a sales/customer service operative, he was incredibly unhelpful and didn’t seem to care at all, he didn’t even ask for any of my details or even attempt to check and see if he could get a better offer for me, and was entirely unfazed that I may leave iD Mobile.  

it seems totally ridiculous that a company would offer worse deals to their customers who have been loyal…they are happy to bring new customers in but once you’re in they don’t care in the slightest! 

icon

Best answer by Tom 14 June 2023, 13:07

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peter Lamont 

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way and had this experience with one of our sales or customer service employees, have you tried calling the sales team on 0207 1391 397 to see if they have any other offers?

Offers between new customers and existing customer upgrades tend to be different, if you don’t see an upgrade offer in your app that you’re happy with I’d recommend calling the sales team on the number above to see if they have anything else for you.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom,

as I previously explained I have called the sales team, and to be perfectly honest they were of no help whatsoever and completely uninterested in retaining a loyal customer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peter Lamont 

I’m sorry to hear that, the offers that have been provided by the sales team or the iD Mobile app would be all we can offer.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I find it very hard to believe that you can offer new customers the latest handsets, with much better tariffs and allowances, than you can customers that have been with you for 5 years. 

Each time I have been eligible to upgrade I have done so as it was worth while on this occasion it really isn’t and to be honest is pretty shocking and disappointing that iD only want to hook in new customers, but really don’t give a hoot about the people have stayed with them! 

for any new perspective customers I highly suggest going elsewhere as it’s obvious that this company don’t care. 

Userlevel 1

Might I also add that having registered a complaint about the very unhelpful and quite frankly rude operative from the sales team, I have now been waiting for for a call back or any further contact for 5 days. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you’re unhappy with their upgrade offers then switch networks!

Userlevel 1

I am 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry to hear that @Peter Lamont,

If you need any help with cancelling, please let us know.

Upgrade deals in the app/account are pre-selected for you and we can’t change these. The Sales Team can look at other offers available but if you are unhappy with the offers provided, the only option we can recommend is switching to SIM only and buying a SIM free device or looking at other networks.

Sorry we could not be of further help here.

Mohammed

I also find the apparent contempt ID mobile has with existing customers on the upgrade options available extremely frustrating.  If you want a decent new phone and the cheapest option for the phone you want is still ID, but only on a new contract, and you want to keep your old number:

Get the new contract from whereever is cheapest, then order a free SIM from another budget provider like Giffgaff....as soon as you get your new phone, get a PAC code transfer from your old ID number to the Giffgaff SIM wait three days til your old number's active on Giffgaff,  then immediately get a new PAC code from Giffgaff and transfer it back to your new ID account (you don't need to wait 30 days as ID advised me).

Total additional cost was £6 for the Giffgaff activation.

This solution infuriates me, but is also the most cost effective way to get a good new phone on the UK market right now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ldma666,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that the upgrade deals are not suitable.

We are always working to provide our new and existing customers with the best deals.

Hopefully we can provide you with better deals in the future.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?