Solved

Upgraded phone - new number?

I've ordered and received a new phone as an 'upgrade' but my old contract still seems to be running and I've received a SIM card with a new number. I don't remember this happening the last time that I upgraded. 

Will the number and billing be automatically transferred over or is there some action that I need to take?

It's very opaque where to reach out to for help.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 17 April 2023, 11:58

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve received a new SIM card and new mobile number, sounds like you’ve purchased a second iD contract and not upgraded in the same way as previously.

I think you’ve got two options:

1. Cancel and return in the cooling-off period.
  2. Keep the upgrade and get a PAC for the number you want to keep and port to another provider - once this port is complete, get another PAC to port back to the iD contract you want to keep.

You should be able to get assistance by contacting iD Mobile privately through Facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM), and submit your PAC via the social media team.

Their customer support agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends) - good luck @jclark91

Thanks for the help, I'll try and get in touch with them then to get things sorted - what a pain!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jclark91 

Have you managed to get in contact and get this sorted?

Please let us know if you still require assistance so we can get in touch.

Tom

I can take new phone numbers with upgrades??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ika W-ska 

Could you let us know what you mean by this?

If you’re already with iD Mobile and upgrade you’d keep the same number.

Tom

Sorted it, got in touch on Facebook. Not a good process - why advertise a chat feature that doesn't work

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jclark91 

Glad to hear you got in touch on Facebook.

I’ve just tried the live chat with success, we’d recommend trying on a different browser or device.

Tom

I received my upgraded phone on saturday17th june 2023 i am not getting on with it how do i return it and sort another one out 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I received my upgraded phone on saturday17th june 2023 i am not getting on with it how do i return it and sort another one out 

Hey @Lesley Bacon,

You’ll need to get in touch to process a return.

Once it’s returned, the upgrade will be reversed.

Mohammed

How do you get in touch as can find contact 7777 have ru g all automated no actual person so hiw do i get in touch go to currys 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lesley Bacon,

Do you still require assistance?

If you purchased it from us we can send you a PM here if you haven’t contacted a different team already.

Please let us know and we can help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?