Using Data in America

• 31 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi there my name is Will, a current ID Mobile customer and using an iPhone 13 Pro Max. 

I am due to go to Michigan, America in August for 2 weeks and am enquiring as to how the data plan / charges / usage works?

Currently I am on unlimited calls, texts and data but would like to know how much it is to use my phone out there like I would normally in England. 

To confirm I would like to use either 3-4-5G whilst there and don’t intend to call or text but use third party apps such as Snapchat, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. 

Thank you in advance and look forward to your response, take care :D

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @willpowell30 

Roaming in the USA is possible with iD Mobile, however this isn’t included in your allowances and would cost extra. To take a look at associated costs and general roaming advise, I’d recommend the following links;

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/roaming-advice

Tom

Hi @Tom 

Is the price £9.60 per MB like it states on one of the pages on the site or is it £0.30 per MB like it has another?

I am confused as several pages mention different prices. 

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

@WelshPaul I am so confused as now your stating it’s 30p per MB but where is the texts from US to UK?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Texts to the UK from the US are 42p.

@WelshPaul and @Tom 

Do you recommend I find another mobile carrier to provide me with a SIM for use in America?

Or even obtain a SIM in the airport on arrival to use for the 2 weeks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @willpowell30 

Where does it state £9.60 per MB for the USA?

We don’t have any specific suggestions for a provider in the USA, we wouldn’t really be able to suggest anyone but ourselves, however you may be able to pick up a SIM to use in the USA while you’re there.

Tom

Here @Tom 

will have to look around do some more homework, believe even 30p every MB used is still hefty. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @willpowell30,

You’ve sent a screenshot but where is the link to that page? If you can link the page, we’ll check as it may be the old rates which have since changed.

Looks like a post on the Community?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?