vodaphone esim compatibility

• 21 February 2024
  • 8 replies

I’ve recently received my new phone and got the pac code from Vodaphone but it’s not switched over. It’s saying sun not compatable . I’m having a nightmare. I have both phone but neither is working. Great 

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Stephanie Norman, switching from an eSIM to a physical SIM doesn’t work smoothly. 

If iD Mobile have processed your switching request, you might need to delete the Vodafone eSIM from your iPhone before your iD SIM card will work.

Forum member @CallmeRaiven had similar issues switching from an EE eSIM to iD SIM card.

There forum topic might help in this situation.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’ve recently received my new phone and got the pac code from Vodaphone but it’s not switched over. It’s saying sun not compatable . I’m having a nightmare. I have both phone but neither is working. Great 

What you are trying to do is nothing to do with iD Mobile. You’re trying to transfer your Vodafone eSIM from one iPhone to another using Apples eSIM transfer service, but Vodafone does not support this. You need to request a new eSIM from Vodafone, and they will send you a qr code to use with the new phone.

If you have requested that the Vodafone number be ported across to iD Mobile, then you would be wise to continue using your old phone that has the eSIM setup on until the number ports across. eSIM requests are temperamental at Vodafone and often get ‘stuck’. Once the number has been ported across to iD Mobile, just pop the iD Mobile SIM in the new handset, and you’re good to go. 

I’m beginning to think I’ve been scammed.

i have actual sims in each phone. The ID mobile isn’t working as if they have transferred anything 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m beginning to think I’ve been scammed.

i have actual sims in each phone. The ID mobile isn’t working as if they have transferred anything 

Does your old iPhone, with the Vodafone eSIM device still work, @Stephanie Norman

If it does, then iD have not switched your number to your iD SIM card. 

If your Vodafone eSIM doesn’t work, then your number has been transferred to iD Mobile. 

You can’t use an eSIM on the iD Mobile network, so you won’t be able to perform an eSIM transfer from the old iPhone to the new iPhone. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Your posts are vague. Have you submitted a request to port over your existing number to iD Mobile @Stephanie Norman? If so, when did you submit the request and were you given a date for the transfer?

I’ve just been on chat and it’s disconnected me. I was using a friends phone. I was told to turn off phone. Then aeroplane mode take sim out and in and it’s not worked 

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Stephanie Norman 

I’m not entirely sure what it is you’re attempting to do here, the picture mentions eSIMs, however iD Mobile do not currently support eSIMs at all, I’m not sure how we’re involved in this.

You’ll be able to use an iD Mobile SIM card in an unlocked iPhone, skipping or ignoring any suggestion of using an eSIM.

Your device may support eSIMs, however we don’t sell them therefore couldn’t really advise on them as it’d be from a different network.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’ve just been on chat and it’s disconnected me. I was using a friends phone. I was told to turn off phone. Then aeroplane mode take sim out and in and it’s not worked 

Are you saying that the new iD Mobile SIM shows no service when inserted into the new device? If so, you should request a replacement SIM from iD Mobile or pop into a local Curry’s store and they will be able to provide you with one.