Question

Voicemail keypad isn’t working

• 3 October 2023
  • 13 replies

After a few issues using my voicemail abroad (namely it constantly telling me my PIN was wrong and me having to reset it everytime I got a voicemail) I'm now stuck being unable to access the voicemail inbox at all.

At the point it tells me to enter my pin it is as if the keypad on my phone isn't working and it doesn't acknowledge that I'm keying anything in.

I'm able to use keypads with other customer service numbers etc. It's only when I'm trying to log into my voicemail do I have this problem. I logged it with the online chat team who said they would pass it over to the 'technical team' but then I've heard nothing back.

Does anybody have any ideas?

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Think you’ll find can only reset PIN whilst in UK :)

Think you’ll find can only reset PIN whilst in UK :)

I've previously reset it whilst in Spain but resetting it isn't the issue, I can't even enter it!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

After a few issues using my voicemail abroad (namely it constantly telling me my PIN was wrong and me having to reset it everytime I got a voicemail) I'm now stuck being unable to access the voicemail inbox at all.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Perhaps try turning OFF the voicemail service for your iD account, and leave it turned OFF for several days or longer if possible.

It might rectify itself when you next turn ON your voicemail.

The voicemail service is actually provided by Three UK (the iD Mobile network partner).
Any technical issues would be passed to Three, but the lines of communication between iD and Three don’t seem to work well @Liam Gardner

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Liam Gardner,

Welcome to the Community!

If you still require assistance after the suggestion that @andewhite provided, please let us know.

Kash

Hi @Liam Gardner,

Welcome to the Community!

If you still require assistance after the suggestion that @andewhite provided, please let us know.

Kash

Hi @Kash,

Thank you for the welcome. I left it off for two days but I've now turned it back on and am still experiencing the same issue.

Thank y

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Liam Gardner, your original post mentions issues with the tones produced by your handset’s touchscreen keypad. 

Another forum member - @Tecstar - could have a similar issue.

Are you using an iPhone @Liam Gardner

Two iD customers with a similar issues might indicate a problem with the iD voicemail service (provided by their network partner Three UK), though I’m not sure how you’d encourage iD to investigate.

However that said, I’m able to enter my voicemail PIN, from my iPhone 13 (iOS 16.7), and access my voicemails.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Liam Gardner 

If you’re still having the same issue, it would be worth us taking a closer look into your voicemail settings to check that they’re provisioned as they should be.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

@Liam Gardner please post here with how you get on. I have the same issue. Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tecstar,

Please let us know if you are still having issues and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash still having issues I’m afraid 

Hi @Liam Gardner 

If you’re still having the same issue, it would be worth us taking a closer look into your voicemail settings to check that they’re provisioned as they should be.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Hey Lauren,

Replied 3 days ago and still awaiting a response.

Kind regards,

Liam

Userlevel 1

Ok so update. @Kash @Liam Gardner  I have just tried again and now the system is telling me if I want access the old voicemail system to press *1. All my voicemails are on the “old” system. I can now access everything fine so it seems this move to a new system has resolved my issue. I have left a test message on the new system and all works fine. Weird that no-one seems to know about the change. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tecstar,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks for getting back to us and advising what the fix was.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?