Why am I responsible for DPD losing my phone?

• 7 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Dear ID

Started a switch from 3mobile on Thurs 2nd May, phone was to be delivered on Fri 3rd May but wasn't as driver was ‘delayed’, after not hearing from them but 12pm on Tues 7th I called DPD to be told that they don’t know where it is as it has had “no new scans since Friday” which sounds more like the driver stole it.

DPD then made me contact Currys, who made me contact Carphone Warehouse who made me contact ID who told me I have to wait 6-8 days for an “investigation to be carried out”. INVESTIGATION ON WHAT? DPD picked up the phone and have admitted it’s gone. I realise you have to rule out fraud on my part but I have the receipts that show DPD ‘lost’ it.

In the meantime a wait of 6-8 days means the first bill is due for a phone I should have had 12 days prior. I think everyone knows that the only logistics company worse than DPD is Hermes, and making ME responsible for chasing this issue is classic DPD, but ID then asking a new customer to wait another week for an investigation into something that actually has nothing to do with them has to be the worst customer service ever. Sort it out or refund me and I’ll go elsewhere

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @rshaw 

Sorry to hear this, however we would need to raise an investigation with DPD ourselves to confirm if the parcel has been lost, unfortunately we cannot just take your word for it, an investigation would be done, DPD give us a claims reference and we’d then be able to go ahead with processing a replacement.

Sorting it will take time, if you have already been in contact with us about it please continue there.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?