Question

Why should I sign an ID Mobile contract if the CPI increase cut-off date isn't mentioned anywhere?

• 24 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I am looking to buy a mobile contract from ID Mobile but I do not want to risk buying the phone in almost March, only to have the tariff go up with CPI inflation just 1 month later, I would prefer to wait until May to be safe.

I’ve had to scour the internet to find one ID Mobile ‘helper’ confirm that the cut-off date is 1st February for the increase, that is to say if I buy a phone now (24 February) it will only be subject to the inflation increase in April 2025 rather than the one this year. But if this cut-off date isn’t mentioned anywhere in the Contract or Terms and conditions, why should I risk signing it? 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Personally I would wait. 

Userlevel 1

It is usually around april.

I have the same question. It's unclear exactly when this is applied to new contracts taken out in March/April in any T&Cs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Cat Freeman 

If you purchase after/on 01/02/24 you won’t be subject to the incoming 2024 CPI rate increase.

Purchases before/on 31/01/24 would be subject to the incoming 2024 CPI rate increase.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?