Question

wifi calling not working

• 14 November 2023
  • 8 replies

I using iphone 12 pro, wifi calling activated. 

in my office, i have one line signal, so, very poor signal, i have connected  to the company wifi, all internet connection working well on wifi, no vpn or proxy. I can t call anymore, try make the call and nothing happen 
Someone else has called me , he told me that is ringing in his phone but my phone do not show any ring, no call on my phone

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD WiFi Calling service works with my iPhone 12 mini @flomanea - what version of iOS are you using? 

Ios last one, updated 2 days ago.17.1.1 or something like that

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay thanks, this appears to be the most recent iOS, but it seems to have Wi-Fi networking issues that affect some iPhone users @flomanea

My iPhone has iOS 16.7.2, which works fine with the iD WiFi Calling service. 

Have you ever been successful using the iD WiFi Calling service @flomanea

I don t know, i have never been in a poor signal on my phone except my company location . Ios showing that wifi si activated , wifi internet is working well whit  no limitation or vpn . 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps a NETWORK RESET might fix the issue @flomanea, although any Wi-Fi network passwords stored on your iPhone will be lost.

The iOS user guide should explain how to perform a NETWORK RESET. 

Other forum topics exist about the iD WiFi Calling service not working, and unfortunately many of these WiFi Calling issues appear unresolved by iD support.

The very odd thing is that someone else has called me , he said is calling in his phone bun]t my phone do now show anything, no ring , nothing on the screen , like not ringing 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, how strange @flomanea
Community members cannot look at iD customer accounts.  

You’ll probably need the iD technical support team to check your iD network account settings etcetera, and make sure everything is correct. 

I found the resolution, one of the old post said this

To resolve WiFi calling issues on your iPhone, follow these simple steps: First, access your iPhone's Settings. Then, scroll down and tap on Phone. Inside the Phone settings, ensure that your mobile number is correctly entered in the "My number" section. For iPhones equipped with dual SIMs, you may find the number section under "Settings" > "Mobile Service" > [Select the Appropriate SIM Card]. Was banging my head against a wall until I found this fix with experimentation, allowing you to enjoy a smoother calling experience on your iPhone.

my own no. was not there (empty phone no. By default) , i put my no. And wifi Call has appear . I will try tomorrow and see if is really working where i have poor cell network. 

Why iD Mobile?