Question

wifi calling pixel 8

• 1 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi

Just taken a handset upgrade with IdMobile onto a Pixel 8 and cannot get wifi calling to work anywhere. 

The phone signal at work and home is non existant.

I’ve checked your list of approved handsets.What phone can I use with the iD Mobile Network? | iD Mobile Network

I’ve restarted the router at both locations

I’ve rebooted the phone.

I have Android version 14 latest update Nov 4th

In settings → network >sims→ Id ( Active /default for mobile data, call and SMS → Wifi Calling ->ON

I’ve tried the other suggested work around of putting it into airplane mode whilst trying to make the call.

and nothing……

Driving me crazy as I need to get all apps like banking etc reapproved which need a text message receiving. Since upgrading from my MotoG this seems impossible.

When I make an outgoing call, I get , Mobile network not available ( yes I know..) Connect to a wireless network to make a call.

I am on a wireless network and able to do everything else and signal strength is strong. Having full control over the routers etc , reboots etc have been done, signal strength tested.

Out of ideas apart from hading it back as an incompatable handset or is it coincidental and its something that ID mobile have done in which case the outcome is the same - end contract?

Thanks for any help you can give

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

The network has been down due to a major outage so it's most likely that. It has just started working for me after about 4 hours down 

The network has been down due to a major outage so it's most likely that. It has just started working for me after about 4 hours down 

I really hope that is all it is , it has been noticable since this morning but only had time this evening to fully investigate if I had everything right.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I really hope that is all it is , it has been noticable since this morning but only had time this evening to fully investigate if I had everything right.

My son couldn't use his phone this morning and was patchy all day for him. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Miranda Stoneham and @Toby Field I am sorry to hear of the trouble you have faced. We had experienced some issues yesterday with our network, but this is mostly fixed now.  We apologise for any inconvenience you’ve experienced, and we’ll continue to provide updates here - https://tinyurl.com/3ykh4ayb Thanks. - Siân

Why iD Mobile?