Solved

Setting up my new phone

• 16 January 2019
  • 1 reply

I got the PAC code from my old Android phone and followed instructions on my new iphone to transfer data and keep my old number, but I think I've done something wrong. Now when I send texts they come through as a different phone number and not my old one. I also am not receiving any emails on my new phone either. At the moment my old phone is receiving emails and my new phone is receiving texts and I'm very confused and frustrated. I blame my 23 year old son who has recently left home and is not here to help me. I think I probably need to start the whole process again, but how do I do that? Sorry to be such a duffer.....
icon

Best answer by Ryan 18 January 2019, 17:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @carolynlavers,

When using your PAC code, this transfers only your phone number to the new SIM card on our network, and it can take a maximum of 2 days for each service to come across and settle down. Is everything working now since you sent your post?

In regards to your email account, this will need to be set up on your new phone as it's unlikely to come across with a data transfer. Which email provider do you use? The Gmail app is pretty good at setting up email accounts and this can be downloaded from the App Store on your iPhone, although to do this you would need to sign in to the App Store with an Apple Account, something which you may not have already if moving from Android to iPhone for the first time.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?