Solved

Switching from a different provider

• 11 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I want to switch from my existing provider, however, I need to give 30 days notice.

How can I have the ID Mobile SIM ready for when the 30 days notice expires so I can transfer to the new SIM and provide the PAC code, which I’d need to generate when I cancel from my existing supplier.

I don’t want to be paying for two providers at once.

Thanks,
Moh

icon

Best answer by Ryan 14 November 2020, 12:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @MysticHeroes,

You can make your purchase with us now if you like and then you can give us the PAC code from your old network. Once the code has been used, your old plan will cancel and you will be given a final bill from them. 30-day notice periods were abolished when using a PAC code by Ofcom so when you move to us, you’ll only pay your old network for what you have used since your last bill.

Ryan

Hi,

i’ve just joined ID mobile and asked to carry my new from my previous provider. However I didn’t the transaction number so I think the procedure is not working. I tried the live chat with a bit yesterday which told me to change my number in my phone settings but this is not working either. Each time I restart my phone my new ID number keeps reappearing. IDmobile didn’t have anyone I could talk to either so not the best start. Pls help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Anneso146,

Have you had confirmation from us at all that we’ve accepted your old number, or from your old network about the plan being cancelled?

Will

Hi

I am registered today and am trying to put in my details on the Auto-Switching form.  I have put in the transaction ID but I keep getting a message saying all boxes must be completed an a * next to the transaction ID.  I have been trying to contact live chat since around 11 this morning and it is constantly busy.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Maureeno,

I’m sorry to hear that, you’ll need to make sure that all fields have been completed with no spaces added before the details. We will send you a PM now to help further.

Ryan

I’m trying to get my dads phone number switched over, I’ve filled out the form yesterday and he’s had nothing yet.

I did the same for my new contract and had no issues x

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Nuttynorth,

It can often take 24- 48 hours. Has he had any messages from us or his old network since submitting the PAC?

Will

No 🥲

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Nuttynorth,

Try logging into his iD app/account

Click My Services

Keep your number

Submit the PAC code and number to transfer here and let us know if this helps.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?