Solved

Switching to id mobile etc

• 5 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I’ve just started the switching process to id mobile. I’ve ordered my sim only card but there are a couple of things I'm unsure about and I can't find the answers anywhere.​​​ I’m hoping I can find the answers here.

Firstly,  am I correct in thinking that id mobile will contact my current provider at the right time and cancel my contract with them (albeit I am technically out of contract)? If so how will they know who my current provider is as this wasn't asked by id mobile?  

Secondly, I want to keep my phone number and at what stage will id mobile instigate this, as it’s unclear to me?

Lastly, I'm switching to id mobile as the mobile signal where I live is very poor, (my daughter has id mobile on her phone and when she visits she gets a usable signal). I chose id mobile partly for this reason and also, I obviously need the wi-fi calling facility it offers on sim only contracts. Can anyone confirm this is included in sim only contracts please? It was on the “features of this deal” page on the website but it is not mentioned on any of the messages I have had from id mobile.

Any support would be appreciated. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 November 2020, 14:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mikem,

Welcome to iD Mobile, I can answer these questions.

Based on the information above, I take it you are switching to iD Mobile from a different network and want to keep your number?

If so, you will first need a PAC code. You can get a PAC code by simply texting the words PAC to the number 65075 via your old networks SIM. 

Once you have that, you can order the iD SIM (if you haven’t already) and once it’s arrived, head to https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ and click the Register button.

Follow the steps (you’ll need the iD SIM card inserted into the phone as a code is sent to this). 

Once done, you can log-in and click:

My Services > Keep your number

Here enter the number to keep and the PAC code you got from your last network to begin switching.

Once your number has ported over, your contract with your old network will be cancelled, since we pulled the number out of their network and onto ours, thus generating your disconnection with them.

As for WiFi Calling, it should work if you have a compatible handset here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

There can be issues with firmware/software that can affect this if the phone was not purchased from iD Mobile/Carphone Warehouse.

Just make sure you've updated to the latest firmware/software.

Hope this helps!

Mohammed

Thanks for your reply. I've just very carefully followed your guidance and I get told that “I've entered a wrong pac code or mobile number. Please try again”.

This is very all very frustrating and annoying.

Thanks for your help so far. 

I’m ok with most things I think but I do need to keep my old number and when I follow your guidance I keep being told I have either entered the wrong phone number that I want to keep or the wrong PAC.

I have checked and checked and I am entering the correct details.

Can you please help?

Is there a time limit after switching to id mobile for keeping my old number ? 

I submitted the same PAC and the number I want to keep two days ago as requested by iD mobile and I was told “My Request was submitted successfully” and I was given a transaction number.

Could the porting process still be “live” and will it show on my account ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot afford to lose my old number.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Mikem,

Once a PAC code is submitted, it will take 2 working days to carry your number over to us. If you sent this over the weekend, I’d expect your number to be with you by the end of today, Tuesday, at the latest.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?