Solved

Emergency calls only since I switched to ID Mobile

• 13 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me with my daughter's SIM. It's not worked, since I switched her contract to you. Her data is fine but she can only make emergency calls. Is there another step I haven't performed yet? Has the SIM not been fully activated? I did sent the PAC code while placing my order, so she could keep her number.

I can't find anything useful in the Community Forums and I've found references to Live Chat on the website, but no actual Live Chat button to click on, to start such a chat. Pretty frustrating to be honest. She has this issue everywhere, no matter where we go, so it's not a signal issue and she's had it in both phones we tried the SIM in, so it's not a phone issue.

She moved to ID Mobile over 2 months ago and it’s never worked. I’m only reaching out now as I keep looking for a phone number or live chat to use to no avail. So am trying this now. Fingers crossed. :)

icon

Best answer by Ryan 9 January 2021, 15:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @IrritatedUser,

We’re sorry to hear about that issue, it is certainly strange. So the data (off WiFi) works fine, how about her text messages, do they seem ok too? Which phones have the SIM card been tried it?

Also, here is a link to our Live Chat Team if you need them in the future.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi. Seems this is a signal issue more than anything. I’ve posted another question trying to address that as there is no other way of asking questions of ID Mobile. Their live chat does not work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @IrritatedUser 

Is your daughter able to send a text message? 

Please could you also confirm what phone the SIM card is being used in?

Since the number has ported o er have you turned the phone off and back on again?

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Hi. Mostly text sending fails. She can occasionally receive texts, on and off. The phone is in a Google Pixel. It’s the second Pixel we’ve tried and it’s also been in a Samsung. I forget which one.

It’s been about 6 months so far so yeah, the phone has been restarted many times over that period.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @IrritatedUser,

We can see that you have been sent a PM on your other post below so we will continue to help via that method.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?