Skip to main content

I ported my number to ID mobile and imessage and facetime do not work.

So i have tried numerous times now where i have:

signed out of imessage / facetime

switched off imessage and facetime

deleted network settings

restarted phone, and switched the services back on and still nothing.

I get “An error occurred during activation. Try again.” Works fine with email but not my phone number so know its an ID mobile issue trying to connecting to apple system, before it was trying to activate as would see a spinning sign next to my number but now it just fails activation immediately.

I also asked for a new e-sim but that also did not fix the issue.

I have raised a ticket with ID mobile but its been 3 days now and no update. 

I have seen other threads with similar issues, like this one: 

I told the customer rep that this person sooper got tech support to fix this issue and they managed to resolve it, took some time to get them to raise the ticket which they did, but unsure what to do now, has anyone managed to get it working and how? It was working fine on Vodafone and EE, seems the issue is with ID mobile.

I have another sim (Three Pay as you go) and got it to activate on that network to, but unsure what ID does to prevent the system to talk to Apple systems, very strange that a lot of people have this issue just with this network

Looks like i am being sent a physical sim card and see if that works, as 2 e-sims failed to work properly. Will report back if I get any success

went and got a physical sim from a Currys store and still doesnt work, quite a useless network to be honest. Support aren’t any good to :(

am i correct to assume there is a 14 day cooling off period and people can leave with no penalties, as i probably just go back to three where things work, given tech team some time to investigate again but then tempted to leave.

am i correct to assume there is a 14 day cooling off period and people can leave with no penalties, as i probably just go back to three where things work, given tech team some time to investigate again but then tempted to leave.

This forum article may help if you decide to switch back to Three UK.

Looks like cancelling the network was the best option, got the PAC code and was allowed to leave due to being on the cooling off period

Hi @schilwan,

Sorry to hear that.

We are here to help should you require assistance in the future.

Kash