Moving a number from iD Mobile to iD Mobile

• 5 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, I had a ID mobile contract previously. I have now got a new phone which has been set up/is being paid for by a family member which is also under ID mobile. I'd like to transfer my number from my old ID mobile phone to my new one but the PAC doesn't seem to work due to both phones being ID contracts, although they are under different names

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sara Cameron 

Unfortunately it wouldn’t be possible to port a number from an existing iD Mobile contract to a new iD Mobile contract, in the event of using a PAC code the PAC would need to come from a network that isn’t iD Mobile.

In this situation I’d recommend getting a Pay As You Go SIM card from another network and moving the desired number to that via PAC, once it’s moved over to the Pay As You Go SIM move it again via PAC to the new iD Mobile contract.

Tom

I am in a similar situation, is there a timescale from porting number to a different network to port it out to I'd again? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Pcplod007,

It usually takes 1 working day to port your number to a new network but you would need to check with the network to be sure.

Once you get a PAC code from them and port the number back to iD Mobile it should take 1 working day (depending on what day and time you request the port).

Kash

Why iD Mobile?