Solved

My number was fraudulently ported to another network and Its been nearly 14 days and ID mobile still hasn't sorted this

Please Help… I am losing my mind over this.  Firstly someone hacked my ID mobile account and requested a PAC code to port to another network.  As soon as my I knew there was an issue I contacted ID mobile.  This was almost 2 weeks ago and even though a new sim has been sent out and the PAC number has been retrieved back from another company.  I still can not get onto the network.  despite the numerous online chats and promises of “it will be another 48 hours our tech team are dealing with it”  nothing is happening.  I have asked on many occasions for the Tech team to contact me.   I am just going round in circles.  

icon

Best answer by andewhite 1 August 2022, 18:20

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, there’s no telephone support at iD - they’re 100% online.

For immediate assistance, use the online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The online chat customer service agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Otherwise, get in-touch privately using facebook (Messenger) or Twitter (by DM), where the agents work until 17:30 on weekdays.

Thanks for the reply Andy it took 7 agents over a course of 2 weeks.  6 of them were a waste of time.  If I would have got the agent I had today at the beginning, it wouldn’t have taken this long. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Glad you’ve managed to get this sorted @Donna Armstrong.

Your experience is probably typical of the customer service provided online by many organisations today - it often takes a while to discover a gem.  

This has just happened to me this evening.  Please can you tell me how you resolved it? I can’t get through to anyone. Did you manage to get your number back? Thanks for your help, 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This has just happened to me this evening.  Please can you tell me how you resolved it? I can’t get through to anyone. Did you manage to get your number back? Thanks for your help, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MPama 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

This has also happened to me with no resolution from IDmobile. Have been in contact with idmobile 7 times so far with no further progress. Please can you tell me how it was resolved?  I have not received any confirmation that number has been ported back to me and no alternative number or sim has been provided. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jackys 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I’ve just had the same issue and now no longer have access to a number I’ve had for nearly 15 years…!!! 
Beyond pissed with ID Mobile as each time I’ve used the online chat there’s been little or no help and nothing seems to be happening.

Logged a complaint via the complaints email address today and this evening received a response to say that the email address is no longer in use!

can’t call ID Mobile, can’t log a complaint with ID Mobile and online chat is as much use as the proverbial chocolate fire guard

Beyond frustrated - I just want my phone number back

Userlevel 1

I know - I only got a new number yesterday - after nearly 4 weeks. 
in the end I was contacted by Id mobile senior team - I’m guessing off the back of this forum - still took weeks to then get sorted. 
The whole complaints process is dreadful - I called 7 times and was promised I would be contacted with an update. 
Fingers crossed your post gets picked up too - if not, I can see if it can help. 

Can’t hurt can it? Just so wound up trying to get help… it’s a number I’ve had for nearly 15 years my bank, cards, accounts everyone knows me on it… I really don’t want a new number but my old one returned!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Seanchambers,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

This issue is still going on and still the same pathetic customer service response, I am  highly sceptical regarding iD as I never had any problems until I joined them. They port numbers out without any confirmation from the customer and then leave the customer to do all the chasing to sort it out. Compensation for the disruption is negligible and I would strongly recommend you find another service provider.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

This issue is still going on and still the same pathetic customer service response, I am  highly sceptical regarding iD as I never had any problems until I joined them. They port numbers out without any confirmation from the customer and then leave the customer to do all the chasing to sort it out. Compensation for the disruption is negligible and I would strongly recommend you find another service provider.

Confirmation or verification is done at the time someone requests a PAC code. A number cannot be ported away without one! If someone managed to obtain a PAC code for a number you own then one of the following occurred.

1. They know your personal information and used it to obtain one via the network either over the phone or via chat.
  2. They know your date of birth, had access to your device and obtained one via 65075 without your knowledge or consent.
  3. You obtained a PAC but made it available for all to see by posting it online and someone used it before you did.

FYI - None of the UK networks verify that you submitted a port request.

First of all, I am not an idiot. No ome has my personal info, no one had access to my device and as I said I am not an idiot who would post my pac online for all to see.

My wife’s phone was first to be ported and when I contacted iD regarding this, they told me a PAC request had been submitted for my number but had not yet been ported. I told them I had not requested this and was assured the port would be blocked, next day my number was ported.

I have all the transcripts from the numerous chats and emails from Curry’s CEO team and they make very interesting reading. They are so useless at their job and reading the correspondence I had with them would have you in hysterics.

You are trying to defend the indefensible.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What I posted above is factual and correct.

There is a fourth reason that I purposefully left out and that would be someone with access to the networks internal accounts system. It’s possible for a staff member to access an account and obtain a PAC, but why they would want to do that is beyond me. Most systems keep logs when accounts are accessed as a way to detect fraudulent or malicious activity by staff. I’m not defending iD Mobile. You’d be surprised how many ‘idiots’ (your words) post their personal information on forums including phone numbers and PAC’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Billy Mcleod 

If you’re in contact with the CEO team you’re already in contact with the correct people, keep with them and they’ll be able to assist you.

Tom

This has happened to me twice in 3 weeks with ID, I cannot understand why mobile providers have no two step verification for this especially because this type of fraud has increased 400% since 2021

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Clare Louise Black 

I'm sorry to hear this, have you been in contact with us already?

If not, please let us know so we can get in touch.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?