Solved

new phone for under 18 son

• 1 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a contract with iD already. I bought another phone and SIM for my son from Carphone Warehouse. As he is under 18, I had to do it in my name with my email etc. I tried with live chat to activate his SIM and they transferred MY number to his new SIM so now MY SIM is deactivated!

I am now waiting for a new SIM. Reading on here, it has become clear that I cannot have two phones on one account so, how do I set up his own account when his phone is registered to me with my email address???? 

icon

Best answer by Tom 6 December 2022, 12:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have also read here that an existing iD SIM phone number cannot be transferred to a new iD SIM so how can it have happened in the first place?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lizzie1978 

Have you purchased an upgrade or a new contract entirely?

Only one number can be tied to one SIM card at a time, if you are looking to have two mobile numbers you’ll need to set up two separate iD Mobile contracts/accounts. These accounts will not be tied together in any way.

I’m not quite sure what’s happened here so any further details so we can understand and explain further would be great.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks Tom , there was an error with the transfer process on the SIM. It was sorted out via Facebook by the iD technical team. Unfortunately this error wasn’t picked up during FOUR attempts on Live Chat to activate the SIM

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lizzie1978 

Awesome, glad to hear our Facebook team could help and get this sorted for you.

Let us know or the Facebook team know if you need any further assistance.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?