Solved

No Service

• 7 April 2019
  • 5 replies

I've upgraded my phone and put the sim card in but I have no service - any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Navigator Charles 12 April 2019, 14:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Navigator Charles,

When upgrading, often we find that the existing SIM card will remain active. Are you able to test your old SIM card to see if it still works?

If you're still having issues, please contact our Live Chat team here.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, I have now done just that.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Navigator Charles,

That's great, please log in to your account online or through our app to activate your new SIM card, or visit our SIM activation page here if you're not already registered.

Ryan
Hi Ryan
Yesterday I went to the local Carphone Warehouse who did what they could but the iPhone 6S still did not work with my iD SIM. They recommended I took the phone to the Apple store nearby.

Apple were very thorough and helpful, after over an hour there, they said that the phone had a fault on it which could not be repaired by them under guarantee as the phone had previously been 'repaired' by a third party.

Well, I'm now stuck with a lovely iPhone 6S which will not work with any SIM. So the iPhone 6S is going back to the one I bought it from & they can take it up with those who had previously 'repaired' it.

Thanks for your help.

A lesson learned eh!

Regards
Navigator Charles
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Navigator Charles,

I'm glad that you've managed to get to the bottom of this but it's unfortunate that there is an issue with your phone after all. I hope that the seller manages to sort the fault out for you quickly and stress-free!

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?