Skip to main content
Solved

Plan activation

• 30 May 2024
  • 5 replies

When does my plan become activated (ie I start paying)?
Is it:

• The day I completed my application (or day after, when emails are sent)
  • The day I put the Sim in my phone (whether physical or eSim)
  • The day I requested number to be ported by PAC?
  • or when?

For a physical SIM, it’ll be the day your new (activated) iD SIM is dispatched, @IanCarbarns.

For an eSIM I’d guess it’s at the point of activation, which is when you’re connected to the iD mobile network. 

Thanks. From my (limited) experience of other operators, charging starts on the day you put the SIM (or Sim) into a phone. I’ve received email reminders “must do this within 30 days”. Charging from day of despatch (when you reallly cannot use it!) is poor show. 

Thanks. From my (limited) experience of other operators, charging starts on the day you put the SIM (or Sim) into a phone. I’ve received email reminders “must do this within 30 days”. Charging from day of despatch (when you really cannot use it!) is poor show. 

Indeed @IanCarbarns, an example of arguably unfair behaviour. 

Perhaps one reason they charge from day of dispatch, could be that most iD orders are for handset + SIM card, which are sent using a next day delivery service.

A SIM only order isn’t sent using a next day delivery service.

Hi @IanCarbarns,

Welcome to the Community!

All billing starts from the date of dispatch and we are unable to change this.

If there are any delays you can always contact us and we can look into it.

Kash

Thanks @Kash. I now understand that that is your practice. But it’s a bad practice which iD mobile should fix. It would be fairer to start charging only when a SIM is activated by putting it into a phone.