Question

Porting number from old phone and PAC code - ID mobile proforma doesn't recognise accurate entries

• 15 February 2022
  • 7 replies

I am having difficulty entering the PAC code that I have to keep my old number. I receive an error message saying PAC code or number is incorrect. How do I solve this? I’ve entered this several time correctly yet keep getting the same error message.

If I could speak to an adviser it may help but can’t seem to see anywhere to call.

Becoming increasingly frustrated with this. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

When prompted, I entered the PAC code I was sent from my previous carrier, I also entered the phone number that I wanted to change to my old number. I just keep receiving an error message saying one of the numbers entered is wrong.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Stuart Brabbs,

For immediate help with this, I suggest the iD Live Chat service, but chat from 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends.

By chatting in these time periods you get through to a real person in the iD customer support team.

Also, you should type “talk to a person” once you get connected, to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

Otherwise, try contacting iD via a PM on one of their social media channels:

1. Facebook
  2. twitter

There should be iD agents 8am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 5:30pm weekends.

Otherwise, you’ll be waiting for iD to reply to this post at a later date.

Anyway, good luck.

Andrew, many thanks for this. Unfortunately, the Live Chat isn’t working for me either at the moment. 

I’ve just received a response to a message I sent through Facebook so hopefully they can help me resolve it but I have to say that I’m already lacking confidence in the whole iD Mobile platform due to the brick walls I’ve already hit. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve never had a problem using the iD live chat on my Windows 10 laptop using Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

Anyway, hope you get it sorted quickly.

Well Andrew that’s encouraging. I’m on Safari but couldn’t get it to load. I’ll keep trying but am hopeful the contact through Facebook will manage to sort this out. Thanks again. It is much appreciated. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could try installing Edge or Firefox on your Apple device - maybe? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Stuart Brabbs, I can see you’ve been in contact with us via Facebook so we’ll continue to support there.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?