Question

Someone using my number (but I have my phone with me at all times)

• 17 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I have been getting about three calls /texts a day from people I don’t know and who are not in my contacts saying that they have a missed call from me when I haven’t called them.  This feels very insecure. There is no accidental call logged from me.

I also find it frustrating not to be able to get in touch with ID mobile easily. The live chat doesn’t work for me, have just managed to log on now in my own name as earlier wouldn’t accept my log in details.

I will definitely not renew my contract with ID due to difficulties getting in touch with them when there is an issue.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ameliercm,

Sorry to hear you’ve had issues with getting in touch with us.

Have you tried blocking the numbers?

These could likely be spam callers which happens on all networks if the number has been added to a calling list from somewhere.

Try blocking the calls in your phone settings.

It doesn’t mean someone is using your number, I’m not sure why you would believe this to be the case.

Mohammed

In every case they say they have had a call from me, or have a text from me. Next time I’ll ask for a screen shot.  They aren’t asking me for anything so I don’t understand what the purpose would be if it is a spam call?  Can you explain?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ameliercm,

If people are seeing a missed call from you then someone could be spoofing your number but this would not give them access to your account/allowances, it just changes the number displayed on the recipient's side. This occurrence is very rare and it’s not known why someone would be doing that.

We can offer a change of number for you but this comes with a £25 charge. The change is free however if this has been reported to the police and you have a crime reference number to provide to us.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?