Solved

thinking of joining IDMobile

Userlevel 1

hi all.

i am a three network customer already but as my contract is about to end, the options offered to me by three are not really suitable. if i decide to join IDMobile:

can i keep my number on a sim only deal?

will i actually need to change sim?

is the sim only contract monthly of 12 monthly with IDMobile?

will i be informed by email of any replies?

MTIA

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 July 2022, 15:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Prettygrim,

can i keep my number on a sim only deal?
Yes, if you get a PAC from three and give it to iD Mobile.

will i actually need to change sim?
Yes, iD Mobile will send you an iD Mobile SIM card when you start a new contract with them.

is the sim only contract monthly of 12 monthly with IDMobile?
There are iD SIM only plans for: 1-month (i.e. rolling monthly plan), 12-months, or 24-months.

will i be informed by email of any replies?
Informed by email about what exactly?

Userlevel 1

@andewhite,

many tnx for the reply and info. from what i understand, the maximum i’ll have to pay per month with IDMobile is £8. i have been happy with three mobile but they now want me to put a 50% increase on my monthly bill, still with unlimited texts and unlimited calls, and also want to increase my data to 30GB per month too, almost 300% increase. considering i dont use only 2-3GB max, what’s the point?

i look forward to any other useful info members may be able to send me

MTIA

Userlevel 1

hi all. hope you dont mind, but i have other questions to ask. this may sound stupid and obvious but i need to be sure. to leave three, i simply have to click a link in the email i received from them. should i do this before or after i have applied for an IDMobile sim? also, should i call three and ask for a PAC before or during the 30days notice i have to give them? when will the IDMobile sim become active, as soon as i put it in my phone? when will my number switch to the IDMobile sim? i’d hate to lose the number now as i’ve had it for over 20years. no disrespect intended, but IDMobile is new to me, so what’s the customer service like and what is the easiest way to contact them, should the need arise (hopefully, it wont!)

further MTIA

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you haggled with Three over the price of your plan? - it’s worth trying this before you leave.

iD Mobile don’t offer telephone support whereby you can speak to a person - all iD Mobile’s customer support is provided online via their chat service, facebook and Twitter.

If you’re worried about keeping your number, you should read the OFCOM consumer advice about switching mobile phone provider, which is online at:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switching/switching-mobile-phone-provider

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite

many tnx for the further info.

as you may have gathered, mobile phones are not my forte and i have to say i am concerned with what can go wrong. been there, done that previously, even though it was a long time ago.

providing a cheaper service to customers, so no phone contact, is understandable, but sitting for a long time waiting for someone to answer a chat request is pretty daunting, similar to trying to get a Dr appointment!

i haven’t spoken to three as yet but will do so tomorrow. fingers crossed the person i speak to will be helpful. i’ll soon find out

MTIA

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well @Prettygrim, bear in mind that without a facebook or Twitter account, your support options will be limited to the iD online chat and iD automated telephone service on 7777 (from an iD phone).

While iD might claim to provide 24/7 support, their customer service team is only available 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends and bank holidays.

Many of the questions posted in this community are submitted outside these hours, and very often the enquiry requires access to a customer’s iD account. 

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

hi again. just to let everyone know, and importantly yourself, andewhite, that i got in touch with three, as suggested and managed to stay on my existing contract of 12GB data, unlimited text, unlimited calls for £12/month, just 0.64p increase. i just need to see how things go now.

many tnx for the help. it was much appreciated

Why iD Mobile?