Solved

Why is my PAC not working?

Trying to port my old number to IDMobile from Lebara. I’ve tried entering my details (number & PAC code) several times on both the website & the app & keep getting error messages. ID Mobile asked for new PAC. Contacted Lebara who say PAC has been used and so they can’t issue a new one for at least 48 hours. I’ve noticed I’m not the only person experiencing this. 

What’s happening please?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 January 2023, 13:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @OSully 

I see we’re in private messages with you, we’ll assist further with this there.

Tom

Hi @OSully 

I see we’re in private messages with you, we’ll assist further with this there.

Tom

Hi. Apparently the technical team are looking into this. The PAC code was assigned to a previous account I had that was shut down in September 21. If it can’t be used with my present account, is there anyway I can still keep my old number? The inconvenience of having to inform hundreds of contacts and providers (and convince them it’s not a scam) is massive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @OSully,

As we’re discussing this already via PM, please respond there if with further messages so we can assist further.

Mohammed

My PAC is also not working. When will this issue be resolved? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Antonia,

Welcome to the Community!

What is the error that you are getting?

If you are having issues on the port form please ensure that the transaction number starts with a ‘4’. You should find this number in your iD Mobile welcome email.

I would also advise that you enter your surname in all capital letters.

Kash

Hi @Kash. Thank you. Currently I am unable to access the main ID website on my phone. When I try to create an account on the app or on my laptop it tells me the details I entered are incorrect, when they aren't. 

When I tried to transfer my old number with my PAC code it said it wasn't able to process the PAC code I think. I can't remember and I haven't been able to access it since. 

I am meant to be canceling my contract with Vodafone before February so I need to get this sorted asap as I've not been able to use my ID SIM. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am meant to be canceling my contract with Vodafone before February so I need to get this sorted asap as I've not been able to use my ID SIM. 

Why can’t you use your iD SIM @Antonia

As a new customer, the iD SIM you’ve received will be ready to use, so just pop your new SIM into a phone to get started.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Antonia,

Just checking if you require further assistance with this?

If you do please let us know by replying to this post and we would be happy to help.

Kash

My pac code worked and everything as well as my old number being on my id mobile app however in my settings I have a random number as well as my old number that i want to keep, when I msg or ring someone it switches between the 2 numbers, i’ve tried a few things suggested on here and nothing is working can someone help please!!! 

Userlevel 1

I keep receiving this message when i try to use my PAC

“We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.”

I have checked the details multiple times they are all correct. I have tried with my surname in capitals and the transaction number does begin with a 4. I have been trying to get this done for a week with no progress! Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kellz56,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that you managed to get this sorted.

If you still require assistance, please let us know here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I am still unable to register an account and port my PAC code. Also, the link “to enter your PAC online” states “The requested URL was rejected.”

My PAC code expires on 27 April.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am still unable to register an account and port my PAC code. Also, the link “to enter your PAC online” states “The requested URL was rejected.”

My PAC code expires on 27 April.

This error happens if you try to access the main iD Mobile website while you are signed-in to your iD Community account @Kellz56, caused by the browser cookies used with the community site, which aren’t compatible with the main iD website.

Just LOGOUT of your iD Community account before you access any pages on the main iD website.

You can also contact iD Mobile privately on Facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM), for assistance submitting your PAC.

Customer support agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kellz56,

Please let us know if you need help and we will be happy to help.

Kash

Hi. I’m having the same problem as above. I submitted my PAC when I went onto ID Mobile to purchase the SIM only plan. So new SIM has arrived, with a new phone number and so using the ‘Get Started’ email, I’ve requested (again) to transfer my number. So I enter the PAC again and I get an error message.  I’ve been told it’s because I’ve already used the PAC code when I ordered my new SIM - but no transfer has occurred. Now I feel stuck and I want to keep my old number. 

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TriTread1 

If you’ve already submitted your port at the point of sale you won’t need to submit it again, it’ll port over on the selected/given date between 8am and 10pm.

Did you make a note of the date that was given?

Tom

I don’t remember putting a date in. I guess I must have but can’t find it on any of my emails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TriTread1 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Also experiencing the same issue. Pac code not working or details incorrect however I've inserted the correct info.

Can someone let me know what needs to be done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Avy 

Have you already submitted your PAC code at checkout?

If so you won’t be able to submit it again and won’t need to, it’ll port on the date selected/given at checkout.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?