Skip to main content
Solved

won't connect to network

• 19 July 2024
  • 8 replies

I have just purchased a new SIM. Whilst it initially connected to the network now it won't. I can't make calls or use data. It does work when connected to my WiFi.

Hey @EvilP,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Thanks.

Hi

The signal is very poor and drops out a lot. I have taken the phone to office her locations and it is slightly better in some places but generally poor.

Thanks 

Thanks for confirming @EvilP, can you confirm which postcodes you are experiencing issues at?

Hi

TS23 in general my postcode is TS23 2AL 

Looks like you live in an area of poor Mobile Coverage, regardless of which UK network you are with:

This explains your drop outs. Unfortunately, unless our network partner 3UK invest in more infrastructure in your area, things are not likely to improve.

Thanks.

I have absolutely no issues with my phone's on Vodafone network and when I checked with ID mobile coverage before purchasing it said the coverage is fine for 4G in this area.

I have also had family visit who are with ID mobile and they have no issues here.

In that case @EvilP, I’d suggest contacting our Live Chat team, who can rasie a ticket with our network partner 3UK as to why you’re specific SIM is having issues. Thanks.