Sticky Tutorial

What to do if your new SIM isn’t working.

Show first post

447 replies

I have just signed up and the Sim I received won’t work in any phones we have tried, please can someone help ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@CraigC42,

What happens when you insert the SIM into the handset? Do you get any error messages?

Is it a brand new SIM that you have received as an upgrade or new contract?

Kash

No signal and no SIM detected in the phone setting menu. No error messages either

This was a brand new sim only contract that I set up

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@CraigC42,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi, new SIM card bought today. It will not connect to network. Tried all troubleshooting things on the page, tried in 2 handsets, Inc 1 on the compatible list. Phone seems to find signal, but when trying to call a number a voice says the phone cannot access this number. 

Just received the phone and sim card but when I install sim card shows no sim installed. It is an iPhone 13 mini and is a new SIM card not a replacement. It does not work in any other phone and my old sim works in my new phone so the SIM card is the issue. I have sent a PAC code to link my old number to my new sim but this sim is faulty so I need a new sim and for you to sort out the number transfer so I don’t lose my old phone number. 

Hiya- I put my old sim card in my new phone and tried to activate it online... however I'm not receiving the security code through the text or email... how do I receive the code so I can activate the sim??

Hi, just received my new sim contract from you, put the SIM card into the phone and it says no sim is detected, my previous SIM card from my previous provider detects fine. I have tried all the steps above and tried some of the methods Apple suggested and still doesn’t work.

Hi , I just received a new iPhone and sim. I’ve put the SIM card in and I’m getting a message “no sim” 

I’ve followed the tutorial and it’s like the sim isn’t working 

If you receive a new SIM card from us and it doesn’t seem to be working, we recommend you check a couple of important things first:

1. Check your coverage

Use our handy online coverage checker to find out the signal strength in your area. You can search by postcode - so you can check all the places you usually use your phone, like your home and work addresses. And you can view both 3G and 4G coverage.

Need more info on this? Read our ‘How to check coverage’ article.

2. Are you using a compatible handset?

If your handset isn’t approved/compatible with iD Mobile, your ability to use our services may be affected. Click here to view our list of approved and compatible handsets.

All the handsets we provide with an iD Mobile plan are compatible with our network, as you’d expect. So if you’ve got one of those you should be fine.

If you purchased a SIM only iD plan and are using an iD compatible handset you bought elsewhere with it, you should also be fine!

Tried the above and it’s still not working?

If you've tried the above and your SIM still doesn’t appear to be working, follow these troubleshooting steps.

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode.
  • Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly.
  • Restart your device.
  • Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again.
  • Try the SIM card in another 'iD compatible handset', and test the connection in a few locations to see if the SIM connects. If you don’t experience any issues with the other handset, your original phone may be at fault.

If none of the above works you can post a question below, and we'll help you out.

Ive done everything said above, received my new handset and phone and activated the SIM and saying not compatible. I've tried it in my old phone and it says there's no SIM

I've tried all this and still not working and doesn't work on my old I'd mobile phone eithet

Me too, live chat sending a new sim (2-3 days) , or I could get one from Currys for £5. So I drove to Currys and the told me that this isn’t true and live chat is disgraceful. 
So I’m still waiting on my new sim. 
bad start to my ID mobile journey

I'm still waiting on a response from id

Just received the phone and sim card but when I install sim card shows no sim installed. It is an iPhone 13 mini and is a new SIM card not a replacement. It does not work in any other phone and my old sim works in my new phone so the SIM card is the issue. I have sent a PAC code to link my old number to my new sim but this sim is faulty so I need a new sim and for you to sort out the number transfer so I don’t lose my old phone number. 

I did exactly this! Now my old phone isn’t working without Wi-Fi and I have no working ID SIM card. They can send a new phone to my 16hrs after I bought it but a SIM card is 2-3 days

Hi, I signed up for a new 2 year contract with iD in December, I received new phone (compatible) last month and my old contract with different network ended  today so when i went to insert my iD sim card it wont register on the new phone. My daughter has a iD sim so i checked it on her phone and it wont register  her compatible phone either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Valerie Kernaghan,

Can you please advise which handset you are using?

Please could you ensure that the most up to date software is installed on the handset.

Also once the SIM is inserted what error do you get?

Kash

Hi I think my new sim is damaged. I have put it in my new phone after activating it and the phone is saying there’s no sim installed. I checked it’s in correctly etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Vicki Lindley,

Is it a replacement SIM or a new SIM with an upgrade?

Kash

Hi

I have a new SIM and it's not working.

The mobile I'm using is a Samsung A3 (2017)

When I try to make a call it says not registered on the network.

When I try to switch the data on it says insert SIM card to access network services.

Can you help me please

Many thanks

Martin

Got a new sim and its not activated ..2 operators tried but they could only help me with big cucumbers. Not further ...joke of customer service 

If you receive a new SIM card from us and it doesn’t seem to be working, we recommend you check a couple of important things first:

1. Check your coverage

Use our handy online coverage checker to find out the signal strength in your area. You can search by postcode - so you can check all the places you usually use your phone, like your home and work addresses. And you can view both 3G and 4G coverage.

If your handset isn’t approved/compatible with iD Mobile, your ability to use our services may be affected. Click here to view our list of approved and compatible handsets.

All the handsets we provide with an iD Mobile plan are compatible with our network, as you’d expect. So if you’ve got one of those you should be fine.

If you purchased a SIM only iD plan and are using an iD compatible handset you bought elsewhere with it, you should also be fine!

my new sim says no sim card tried in two different phones same message - do i need a replacement sim card???

If you've tried the above and your SIM still doesn’t appear to be working, follow these troubleshooting steps.

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode.
  • Restart your device.
  • Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again.
  • Try the SIM card in another 'iD compatible handset', and test the connection in a few locations to see if the SIM connects. If you don’t experience any issues with the other handset, your original phone may be at fault.

If none of the above works you can post a question below, and we'll help you out.

1. Check your coverage

• Restart your device.

My son sim cad stopped working two days ago and I have been trying to contact ID through the live chat since then with no response. I have tried all the suggested fixes on the website but cannot get the card to work.

I have try to do all you suggested to do, but still not working!!!

Please can you help me out ???

Thsnk you

Hello, I don’t know if anyone can help with this, I’m totally baffled. I ordered a new sim for my dad to go in his Nokia 110 4g phone. However, it says sim not recognised. I tried the sim in my old iPhone 6s and it works fine and is activated. I’ve now tried my own ID sim in my dad’s Nokia and it also works fine! Any ideas before I order another sim for him?

thanks

Got a new first sim for Id Mobile. I can phone out but can’t phone in as ‘number not recognised’. On the about phone section in android it says mobile number unknown. How do I get this resolved as without the number being recognised I can’t register the android app. Also ‘live chat’ doesn’t work. Thanks.

Why iD Mobile?