Sticky Tutorial

What to do if your new SIM isn’t working.

Show first post

447 replies

Hi,

I’ve just joined id and my new sim card is not working.  Have followed all the troubleshooting steps and the sim card is not even recognised,  Have tried to 2 different unlocked phones and both same.  Please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RB2112 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I have a new ID SIM card and it will not work, I have done all of the suggested actions and still no look. The phone it is in had an ID sim in it previously and I am in the same house and so it should work. 

That is not working. I would like to just cancel my new account this is ridiculous. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rufus Grits-Pound 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I purchased a sim only plan at the beginning of the month and have had no service since I received the sim a week later. My phone is unlocked (xiaomi mi 9t pro) but have tried it in various other phones including an S20 FE, Huawei P20 pro, Galaxy S7 and a Sony Xperia 10 and all say no service/emergency services only and I have no idea why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @fargolini,

It sounds like the SIM may be faulty.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
  •  

I just joined ID an my SIM doesn't work. Tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works. Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stuart.grindle,

Welcome to the Community!

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi, i have just got a new phone and sim package from ID mobile.. The SIM is not working. The new phone is not registering any SIM in there... The new phone does however register and work with another SIM, therefore not a fault with the phone but the SIM. please can you help me, i am currently without a phone :(

I just received my new SIM but it is not working!  I used my PAC Code so switched to ID and now I have nothing at all!!  I’ve done the airplane mode thing and tried in another mobile (this also has an ID sim) but no service in that phone.

Urgently need my phone!!  What do you suggest?  I can’t get onto live chat on my mobile because I can’t get a code that you keep trying to send!!!

HELP!!!!

Hi, I have received a new pay monthly Galaxy A54 with new iD SIM. When I put the SIM in I get "No SIM, No Service". I have tried my old iD SIM in the A54 and this is recognised by the phone. Trying the new SIM in my old phone, I get the same issues.

Can you please advise on how I can get the new SIM to work?

I have recived a new sim for my SIM only plan for it not to work once placed in my mobile. I gone throught the steps mentioned above and my sim still does not work or recignised within my phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bexxyxx 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peter541 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RedWolf 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KyleCD 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

After transfer of number with my phone powered off I removed my old sim from sim 1 and moved my id mobile sim from sim 2 to sim 1. When powered back on my apn details are blank. I have the message “ access point name settings aren’t available for this server”. 
I have tried to enter them manually with my phone connected via WiFi to the network but will not save.

I have powered on/off and switched flight mode on/off multiple times.
I have tried the sim in another phone and get the same results.
I have tried a working sim from another network in my phone in sim 1 and all apn details are downloaded ok.
Phone is a redmi note 9 android version 12

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @GTT 

We’ve responded to your other post about this, please continue there.

Tom

I have a ID Mobile sim with unlimited data. Arrived today & successfully activated it in an iPhone.

I want to use it in a Vodafone r219z mobile wi-fi device. But when I insert it & log in it says “no sim or invalid sim”

I assume the r219z is unlocked because it recognises a Lebara sim.

Does anyone know if it should work? 

I received my new SIM card today but it isn’t working. Tried troubleshooting methods. My phone is unlocked, I have tried the SIM card in another phone, also not working. Please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Garpov,

Welcome to the Community!

Is it a replacement SIM or new SIM for a new contract?

If it’s a replacement it will need to be activated first.

If it’s a SIM for a new contract it may be faulty SIM so a new one may be required.

We can get one sent out or you can collect one from Curry’s.

Kash

Hi there,

I’ve just got a new sim from ID Mobile but when I put it in, it says No Sim. I’ve restarted my iPhone 13 several times as well as take out the SIM card several times. Any advice would be great. 
Thanks,

Jacob

Hi @Kash ,thanks for the reply. It's a new sim contract so I'm guessing it's faulty. How do I go about getting a new one? 

Hi, I received a new Galaxy S22 from Mobiles.co.uk. I haven’t been given an ID Mobile number, nor is it printed anywhere on the sim card envelope. When inserted into the phone (or my old phone) the sim card shows as “Unknown”. If I try to make a call, a message pops up on the screen to say that the sim card isn’t registered. I can’t register with ID as I don’t know the phone number. 

I tried the ‘Live Chat’ but just ended up going around in circles with a bot. What can I try next?

For the record, I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips above to no avail. 

Thanks, 

Andy : )

Why iD Mobile?