Question

cannot recieve texts

• 14 April 2021
  • 5 replies

I had quite a bit of difficulty setting up my phone to be able to receive calls and texts. My boyfriend had to spend some time in the settings just to make sure I could send texts with the WiFi on! The original settings made sure I couldn’t send any texts with the WiFi calling on and I’d get a not delivered message. For four hours yesterday the signal dropped to no bars. Now I can send texts but for some reason I cannot receive the responses. My mothers phone is android and I cant get anything from her at all. I can’t understand what’s happening with it, it’s been such a nightmare to fix it all. I’ve been told my sim might be faulty due to the lack of signal but signal came back after a few hours. I’ve checked the right number is listed under phone in settings (iPhone 11) and made sure it’s all working but nothing from my mother. WhatsApp is fine though. I’ve no idea what to do? I need to be able to text if I’m out without any wifi or data in some places. I live very rurally so it’s essential.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Serena Lou,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with sending/receiving texts.

Try the following: 

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Or did you mean you’d already done this when you said you checked the right number in the settings?

Mohammed

Hi,

Yes I’ve already done this. I’ve even been onto apple and they have confirm I have all of the correct settings in place. ID texted me to say they’ve taken action to resolve this but the matter is still the same I have asked for it to be re-escalated. Only android users are an issue and given I can’t communicate with them I’m wondering if I’ve made a mistake changing networks as it’s very frustrating :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Serena Lou,

Could you drop us a postcode please so we can see if there is any maintenance going on in your area?

Will

HR5 3BJ

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Serena Lou,

I’ll send you a PM now so we can pick this up and look at the ticket that you advised was re-escalated.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?