Question

phone hacked

• 24 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Recently I have been getting suspiscious call from mobile numbers saying that they are the HMRC and that fraud is being done in my national insurance number. However when I ask if they can verify themselves with an email or something, straight away they end the phone.

Today I have been getting constant reminders from the app called calendar that I need to go on a website, I know this website is fraudulent so I haven’t clicked on it.

There has been other weird things like my phone battery is going down extremely quick.

What is the course of action I should take?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @tomrolfe13 

The calls you are receiving do sound fraudulent. We would advise ignoring these calls and not provide them with any of your information. We would advise deleting the calendar app if it's a 3rd party app, you can add a calendar from your home screen through the apps & widgets options.

In regards to your battery going down very quickly, this is more of a handset issue and will not be related to the calls you are receiving. We would advise making sure all background applications are closed down when not using the phone and ensure the screen brightness is set to auto as this can use a lot of battery when using the handset. 

-Mohsin

Thanks for getting back to me Mohsin👍🏻

it’s the standard calendar app that comes with the iPhone, I don’t think I can even delete it. I do need to use the calender for work purposes

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @tomrolfe13 

In that case, we would advise deleting some 3rd party apps that you do not use. Many apps are Synchronised to the phone calendar which can be causing some notifications to come on your calendar. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?