Solved

poor connnection

• 14 January 2021
  • 9 replies

I work in an area with poor signal. (Scarborough yo11 area, ironically in the town centre).

my phone shows 3G or (4g if the wind is in the right direction!)

But my phone will not pick up/send messages or emails until I stand in the corner of the office.

Wifi is limited to the public bar next door, and that’s intermittent.

any advice other that quitting my job and moving somewhere else?

thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 January 2021, 14:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Deltadave,

How long have you had the SIM and how long has this been an issue? Is there anyone else in your office having similar issues>?

If you can provide us with a full postcode, we can perform a check and see if there is a problem in that area.

Will

I have had the sim for a year or so I think, and yes my colleagues have the same issues but it seems various dependant on service provider. I think it is just overall a weak signal area. Postcode is yo11 2hg.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Deltadave 

We can see from our system that there has been some planned maintenance work in your area. How has the signal been today?

-Mohsin

No idea, not back at work til next week!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Deltadave,

Let us know once you’ve been and had a chance to test this.

We’ll take it from there, though we’re hoping this is now fixed.

Mohammed

Hi.

no, it’s just the same.

I accept it’s a poor area overall, but it really annoys me my phone shows I’m connected to either 3G or 4g when clearly there is no connection unless I stand like a ballet dancer in one corner of the office…

and trust me, I don’t have the figure for it…

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Deltadave 

We can understand the frustration caused when you are unable to use your services.

I can see that work was carried over the weekend on the 4G service, work does show as completed.

If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know and will send you a private message, in order to raise an investigation with our Tech Team.

Michelle 

Hello

i have not seen any improvement, sadly.

regards

D.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Deltadave,

Sorry to hear it’s not improved.

We’ll send you a PM so we can look into this further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?