I recently got an iD sim card and transferred my old number over. I can make calls but text messages say ‘failed to deliver’ but the recipient then receives the text 3 times. The phone is an iPhone SE. When I go into message settings it says it is sending and receiving messages to the number that was originally on the sim.
Best answer by nothanks
I found the answer in another thread. If this is a know issues with iPhones it should have been in the initial set up instructions from iD. This is the fix:
1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:"