Solved

Unlock old iPhone

I need to unlock an old iPhone 6S that was put on contract with iD in 2015.

I can’t get through to iD via phone, I can’t find an email address, and the automated chat service is not working at all.

I would appreciate someone getting back to me regarding this issue as soon as possible. 

I am very disappointed with the utter lack of customer service that iD offer.

icon

Best answer by Will 8 January 2021, 14:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mmp,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to assist you with getting that handset unlocked.

Will

Hi, I would also like to unlock my old iPhone so my husband can use it, can you please let me know what I need to do.

many thanks

Ange

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @AngeD 

We will send you a Private Message so can help with getting your handset unlocked.

-Mohsin

Hi I want to sell my old handset because i’ve upgraded and am looking to unlock it to any network please

Hi, I would also like to unlock my old iPhone 6S that I bought on contract from ID in 2015 (but have since upgraded) so my son can use it, can you please let me know what I need to do.

many thanks

Neil

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @nmarch26 

We’ll send you a private message on here now so that we can help you there with that request.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

@Wayney1985 is your old phone an iPhone of yours that you know to be locked to iD Mobile?  Let us know if that’s the case and we’ll message you too.

Userlevel 1

I wish to unlock my iPhone 6s which is locked to id?  How do I do this please? 

Userlevel 1

Ok posted a question yesterday about unlocking my iPhone and I've had no reply from id? This lack of interest in the customer is annoying as there is no way to speak to anyone from customer service other than a bot . 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Don’t think you will get a response here until Monday and even then it usually takes 30 days to unlock an iPhone.

Try live chat: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Click on the “Launch live chat” button and enter your information. Once you're connected to the ID Mobile chatbot type the word “Agent” and select “Customer Service” option and you will be connected to a live agent.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Simon Wratten,

We can get that unlocked for you. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Also @WelshPaul we do work weekends, so get back to customers on Saturday/Sunday as usual pretty much. And the iPhone unlocking request usually takes around 3-5 working days rather than 30.

Will

I have a similar problem, I am looking to buy an iPhone 6 on ebay which is locked into ID Mobile. Obviously I am not the original owner of this device but could you guys assist me in unlocking the device?

Many t thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jk12345,

Unfortunately only the original owner can request the unlock of the device.

We are sorry about that .

Kash

Userlevel 1

I spoke to Crystal on the live chat and my iPhone will be unlocked in 3-5 days. Many thanks 

Why iD Mobile?