Solved

Mobile plan no longer available

• 9 March 2024
  • 6 replies

I switched to ID mobile a few weeks ago and wanted to keep my old number (with o2). I used my PAC code etc to change number and after a few days this switched over. Today I have not had signal and my texts have since been sending from the number assigned by ID mobile with my new sim, instead of the number I switched to. When I go into settings it says the ID mobile number as primary and my other number as ‘used a “primary”’ then when I try to click it says ‘Mobile plan no longer available’ and my number in my phone etc has changed back to the one assigned by ID mobile. 

I’ve tried restarting my phone etc and do not want to do a factory reset and I needed the number last time to log back into my Apple ID, obviously I will no longe have access to this if I reset and do not have the old sim?

Please help! 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 9 March 2024, 21:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

So you have two Sim’s installed on your iPhone? Your iD Mobile physical SIM and an eSIM that is no longer active? Delete the eSIM.

im not sure sorry, the primary number is the one ID mobile assigned, the one before is the one I want and that had changed with my PAC code up until today 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Yea, you have had two eSIMs installed previously and these eSIMs are no longer valid. You should remove them before attempting anything else.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Delete All eSIMs

This will remove ‘Used as “Primary”’ and ‘Used as “Personnal”’ leaving just ‘Primary’ which is your iD Mobile SIM.

I want to have the second number though, how can I get this back? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I want to have the second number though, how can I get this back? 

Speak to whatever network issued the eSIM. Right now both eSIMs have been deactivated and no longer work.

A valid eSIM looks like this:

If you disable a valid eSIM, it looks like this:

Yours say ‘No SIM’. So, either these are obsolete entries from previously used physical SIMs or you have expired eSIM profiles installed. Either way they are of no use to you and you should remove them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RheannaG,

Welcome to the Community!

Please can you try the steps that @WelshPaul has advised.

If you still have issues, you can get back to us here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?