Question

cooling off period

• 10 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I want to cancel my contract, and i am well within the cooling off period. 

It is VERY DISHONEST of ID to say that i will have to pay the full years money if i went forward to cancel, when i went to the page that deals with it. 

My reason for cancellation is that 

1) I am not able to transfer my number to ID because the page that deals with that is broken. It says some of my details is wrong but doesn't specify what. But all my details are correct. 

2) Customer service is all online and not very ernest. Live chat is just automated bots. I left a message on the forum about not being able to switch, and i got a reply the next day that wasn't comprehensive. I was told to use capital letters for my last name, which i already did and doesnt work. The fact that i have to wait another day to get another response, and the fact that the agent didn't look into it seriously, or asked for my details etc. makes me believe believe i am not going to deal with this company. 

So, please advise me on how i can cancel the sim only plan that i purchased without being threatened with a year's worth of payment. I am well within my 14 days cooling off period. Have some integrity, you crooked people. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

When you try to transfer your number, try entering your last name in ALL CAPITALS. I had the same problem and this sorted it for me

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am not an agent and gave you advice that helped me with the same issue as for not responding until the day after as I say I don't work for ID,and also as I do not work for ID I don't have access to your customer information 

@hotchilli66 i tried that and it didnt work for me. 

@mitts ok you are not an agent and just helped. I very much appreciate your help and am grateful for that.

But the issue is that nobody from ID mobile jas responded YET and it is 2 days. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Israt 

We have received a very high volume of contact over all channels so we’re currently delayed in responses.

We can help process a return for you. Did you purchase from iD Mobile directly? If so, we can send a PM to pick this up.

If you purchased via Carphone Warehouse or Mobiles.co.uk, you will need to contact them to process a return.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed Similar situation here- 1) I don’t get app registration text 2) The porting number shows error. 3) Chatted with agent who was of no help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @solarpower03,

I can see that we have responded to you elsewhere.

Please could you get back to us there and we will assist you further.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?