Question

ended contract the day i received the sim …and still charged.

• 8 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I ended my contract the same day I received the SIM card (which wasn’t made easy at all!).

I’ve just received a final charge of £1.16. I know this isn’t a lot, but, considering the sim didn’t even make it into my phone and I cancelled within 4 days of initial order, why am I being charged anything at all? 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It’s all in the T&C’s… Billing starts from the day of dispatch and you’re billed from that point in time until you cancel.

I see what you’re saying….however, the figures don’t tally up. £1.17 (ish) for 2 days? My contract is/was only £8 per month? As I said….not a lot in the whole scheme of things, but, still an unexpected charge.

And the sim wasn’t even installed!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

And the sim wasn’t even installed!

Irrelevant, you agreed and so it is what it is. I understand your frustration, in my opinion the SIM shouldn’t be sent pre-activated but iD Mobile do it because it makes them money! As for the amount, refer to your bill for the breakdown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Christopher Duffy 

As mentioned by @WelshPaul the SIM is activated once it’s dispatched, if cancelled within the returns period you’ll pay for the time spent on the contract, nothing more.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?