Solved

How do I cancel a SIM only plan that I don't know the details of?

• 20 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have a sim only plan which I solely use for a data connection in my car. The problem is I left the sim in my car and sold my car to a dealership who have now sold it.

The problem is I do not have any record of the mobile number associated with the sim card and I do not have the sim card to be able to check it or receive SMS’s from it. 

I do have my username but cannot remember my password for the idapp or online login.

I am however still paying a monthly direct debit for the privilege on a pay monthly own data contract which I am having difficulty cancelling.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 21 February 2023, 14:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Billytkid,

We can find the account via other details so this wont be a problem.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I took out an immobile Sim account by accident. 

How can I cancel it please?

I'm disabled. 

Anthea Farrell 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can try contacting the iD Mobile vulnerable customer team by phone, leave them a voicemail and a member of the team is supposed to call back within 48 hours.

Contact the team on 0800 049 2376 and provide the following information in your voicemail:

• Your full name
  • Your iD mobile number
  • A brief message explaining what you need help with
  • The best number to contact you back on
  • Please remember to press # at the end of your message

Do not leave any information about your credit/debit card details or your vulnerability in your message.
🍀

Userlevel 3

I took out an immobile Sim account by accident. 

How can I cancel it please?

I'm disabled. 

Anthea Farrell 

Hey there Anthea, thank you for contacting us. As mentioned by Ande above, you can contact us via our vulnerable customers line, as I see you’ve mentioned that you’re disabled, and we’d like to give you the best possible assistance. I understand this comment was a few days ago, so I would like to hope we have been able to resolve this for you by now, or that you’ve been in touch with our vulnerable customers team.

However, if neither are the case, then please do let us know and we will look into assisting your further.

Thank you,

Tyler

just now

hi
I purchased a Sim only plan and I received a letter with seem but I have lost package. How can I received this again even paid for seem I don’t wanna make another contract? I’ve got only my details address and purchase number order number. Can you help me guys

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Rafal Zejmo,

Sorry I didn’t quite get that. If I understand correctly, you ordered a SIM only contract but have lost or not recieved the SIM?

You can get a free replacement via Currys or we can send one out to you and then activate once it arrives which would be the quickest options.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?