Question

Add Ons Abroad

• 26 March 2024
  • 3 replies

So I'm new to ID. I'm on tour in Europe for 3 weeks and I used up my 30gb roaming allowance. So I bought a £30 Add On, but still couldn't get any internet. I increased my cap and it's working but I'm being charged now.

I read that the add ons were useable when Roaming (Netherlands), but I'm not sure why I'm being charged for data on top of that. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Richard Murray,

Welcome to the Community!

If you joined or upgraded iD Mobile on or after 21st June 2023 you’ll have a 30GB fair usage amount.

As per out Fair Usage Policy: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy#after-june-2023

If you're on a plan with 30GB or more (excluding unlimited plans), you can use your monthly data allowance up to 30GB. After that, we'll add a surcharge of £3 per GB for the remainder of your data allowance, including any rolled over data or add-ons. Afterwards, you'll be charged at the standard out-of-plan data rate of 10p per MB of data.

Kash

Oh I see. So even if I buy an add-on while abroad, I'll still get charged to use it after 30gb. Essentially there is no way of having more than 30gb to use abroad in a month without paying the surcharge?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Richard Murray,

You can only use 30GB whilst roaming after this, we’ll add a £3 per GB for the remainder of your data allowance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?