Solved

Already a customer SIM ONLY 30 day contract - just upgraded - do I need to install new SIM?

• 18 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been a customer for a number of years on a SIM only monthly rolling contract.

I have recently upgraded as I could get more data and unlimited calls for the same price which is great.

But the email I recevied said a new sim would be sent. Looking at the account now, I can see the new data allowance and the unlimited calls are active on the account.

So, assuming a new sim is being send, do I still need to install the new sim when it arrives?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 18 July 2022, 12:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So @sysip10, iD send out a new SIM when you UPGRADE in case your existing SIM doesn’t fit in the phone you intend to use with your UPGRADED plan.

Your existing SIM will continue to work - you don’t need to install the new SIM, unless your old SIM doesn’t fit in the phone.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Many thanks, that’s most helpful.

What I need now I have had this sim and tried it out and happy with it I now need a tariff were I can make calls and receive calls when I am abroad what is the best and how do I change from what I am on now 

What I need now I have had this sim and tried it out and happy with it I now need a tariff were I can make calls and receive calls when I am abroad what is the best and how do I change from what I am on now 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jaguar 

What plan are you currently on? A pay monthly contract or a Pay As You Go?

It’s likely you’re already on a plan that can make calls and receive while abroad.

Tom

Yes I am on a contract but wasn’t sure if I could make calls without being charged silly money thanks for your reply anyway 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jaguar,

You can check the link below to view our 50 EU Roaming destinations:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

If the country is not included you’ll be charged for usage. 

You can find all the roaming charges HERE 

Kash

Why iD Mobile?