Solved

billed for full contract?

• 26 July 2023
  • 6 replies

I rang Id mobile to cancel my contract 1 day after I started with them as the signal was terrible in my area. I told them I have 14 days cooling off period to cancel and was told to get a new PAC code to move to my new network. I got a bill today for the full amount of the contract even though I cancelled within 14 days. Could someone contact me to sort this problem out please. 

icon

Best answer by Gazza Coll 30 July 2023, 10:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Gazza Coll, by getting and using a PAC you’ve cancelled the contract, not the order.

Technically there’s a difference between cancelling your contract, and cancelling your order within its cooling off period, which iD systems don’t seem to handle very well @Gazza Coll.

If you don’t mind waiting a day or two, someone from iD may read your post and reply. 
Alternatively, I’d suggest using Facebook Messenger or a Twitter DM, to leave iD customer service an out-of-hours message about this issue. 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Thankyou I have a cancellation number from mobile.co.uk so it's gone through at there end just need I'd mobile to sort it out at there end now

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure what you mean by a cancellation number @Gazza Coll? 
If you cancel an order, you’ll be given a returns number by iD.

If you’ve cancelled your ORDER, your line rental is converted to PAYG, on the iD SIM card received with your order. If you requested your PAC, and gave this PAC to a new service provider, before your line rental was converted to PAYG, you haven’t cancelled your ORDER. There’ll be an early termination charge.

Hopefully iD will sort it out, but this might not happen quickly if you communicate with iD by posting in this forum. The iD staff only read forum posts once a day, sometimes less frequently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gazza Coll,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you manage to get in touch with somebody?

If you require assistance still, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Hi yes I've got my problem sorted now thankyou.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gazza Coll,

Glad to hear that it’s resolved.

If you require any assistance in the future you can get in touch via the Community.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?