Question

Cancel All accounts related to myself

• 13 July 2021
  • 3 replies

So I have multiple accounts with ID mobile. I lost the simcard to one if these accounts AND I did not have the option to make any account credentials before I lost the simcard. I had no way to reorder a simcard or contact ID mobile because the simcard in question was lost. 

So I decided to cancel the direct debit for that account as I was not using the service. Now a few months later ID mobile has the audacity to send me debt collections. Your own way to get into contact with customer service involves jumping so many hoops.

Hence to avoid this situation escalatijg and having similar issues in future I would like to cancel all my other ID mobile accounts too AND any ID mobile accounts associated with my name/address as I do not have any other details available.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ahussain21,

We are sorry to hear about this.

Can you advise if you contacted us to cancel your contract prior to this?

When you cancel the direct debit this wouldn’t cancel the contract and it would result in missed payments which can impact your credit file.

Kash

Hi,

I did not know my phone number or simcard number only the bank accounr associated with the account. So I was unable to cancel it, therefore I cancelled my direct debit. However the account was never used. I never had the opportunity to make an ID mobile account as I didn't have any details on hand to do so.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ahussain21,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?