Question

Convert to PAYG

• 21 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

have just cancelled my iD Monthly Sim account and want to use my number with another provider. 

iD gave me this message in the process :-

The SIM has been recorded as returned in the system. The Pay Monthly Contract will be disconnected within 10 minutes? Do not throw away the SIM card as it will be converted to a Pay As You Go SIM within 10 minutes. You are able to continue using the SIM as PAYG, but it will require a Top-Up. Alternatively, you are able to request a PAC after it has converted if you do wish to move to another network.

However I do not know how to add a payment to the sim which means I can no longer use my phone for outgoing texts to request a PAC. Also I can not access my account online to request the PAC that way.

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You shouldn’t be charged for requesting a PAC @Chris Rimmer.

Have you tried to text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth) from your iD SIM card?

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite. Thanks. Yes I have tried. The sim now only allows incoming calls etc. I guess because I now have no credit on the sim I can not send texts etc. I assume I missed the window to get a PAC before the sim changed over.

I’ve decided to change to the number on my new sim from a different provider to avoid the issue of wrestling with this problem. Many thanks for your response though.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @Chris Rimmer. The OFCOM mobile number portability rules mandate being able to get your PAC by text. I’m a little curious to know what message you got, after texting for your PAC from your PAYG iD SIM?

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Chris Rimmer

As @andewhite mentioned, you should be able to retrieve the PAC from your SIM if it’s not been disconnected. If you’d like I can get a one of our Community Moderators to reach out to you here on the Community and get this sorted for you? 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Okay, thanks @Chris Rimmer. The OFCOM mobile number portability rules mandate being able to get your PAC by text. I’m a little curious to know what message you got, after texting for your PAC from your PAYG iD SIM?

Hi @andewhite Nothing happened when I tried texting to 65075 several times. I’m assuming the message did not send because I was unable to top up the card.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @Chris Rimmer
Unfortunately, iD Mobile seem to have occasional issues with the reliability of their 65075 service, and within the last two weeks had an incident where you could not get a PAC from iD by any means. 

Sending your PAC request to 65075 should be free-of-charge - perhaps @Nikhil P can confirm or deny.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris Rimmer 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?