Customer Service Just Shocking

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I've been with Id since 2021 and was pleased with the service and had recommended them to others.

How wrong can you be!

I upgraded my plan 13th October 23 to a monthly sim only plan with unlimited data. According to T &Cs if you were with id prior to July 23 data capping or limits did not apply in Europe. I took it out on this basis. 

My roaming data was switched off without warning or info on the app 27th October. 

On top of this I've been charged £25 on top of plan charges for excess data!!! It seems the unlimited data is non existent. My bill is £48 for what?

I've contacted live chat and complaints chat many times over the last 10 days. Only contact back asking me to ring an 0800 number which you can't from Europe. I'm promised a call back within 24/48 hours. Nothing has happened at all.

Shocking customer service and charged for it too. Ref 377015594

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Vicky Burchell,

Welcome to the Community!

If you joined iD or upgraded on or after 21st June 2023 you  would only have 30GB to use whilst abroad in an EU inclusive country.

You can find further information on our Fair Usage Policy HERE

Kash

I read all of this before upgrading and it's ambiguous to say the least

I joined prior to June 23 my reading of it I'd that data caps do not apply 

The first statement is true to me it states' joined id before June 23 OR upgraded' not AND.

I'm very unhappy and I've been charged extra data charges of £25 on top of this making my bill £48. No proof of data used either. Supposedly using all this data in a week! Sharp practise

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Vicky Burchell 

I’m sorry you feel it’s ambiguous, that link typically helps most people understand the Fair Usage policies.

You’ve mentioned you’ve upgraded after 20/06/23, meaning the full data allowance wouldn’t be available to you while roaming.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?