Question

Difficulty ending monthly sim card plan

• 20 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I have contacted ID mobile to end my contract (pay monthly sim card) in January 2023. The advisor I spoke to confirmed that the plan was ended. However, I was billed £28 for March and April (£14 for each month) though I do not understand why. Was my contract not cancelled like the ID Mobile advisor confirmed ? Am I still being charged on a monthly basis for a service I ended months ago ?

Is there any way I could know for certain whether this monthly plan was cancelled ? 

Full explanation:

I do not have an ID mobile account and, as I have not used this sim card in months, I no longer have access to my ID mobile phone number to create one. I therefore cannot see any bills nor whether this monthly plan is still active or not. 

I paid for these charges (£28) to avoid having my credit score affected as claimed by ID Mobile, but still do not understand what these were for.  

I spoke with ID mobile advisors who were unable to clarify the situation for me (unable to explain what the charged were for) and told me that I could not dispute the charges. The first one said that the contract had not been discontinued by the agent even though he had confirmed it, and suggested I dispute the claims with customer service. I was then disconnected from the online chat due to my internet connection. When I joined the chat again, a second advisor said that the contract was still active, but then also said that it had been disconnected. This person also first claimed that the payment was for a January bill. This person then claimed that it was actually a final charge dating from February after I showed a bank statement confirming that the January payment had gone through. When I asked why the amount is £28 instead of £14 for a final payment, the person changed their mind again and said that the charges were actually March and April monthly bills. Conclusion: I still don’t know whether ID Mobile ended the monthly plan as I asked and I still don’t know what I’m being charged for. 

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @pleaseendmycontract ,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Cancelled SIM only contract as went into Currys and had new phones with id. We cancelled through chat. Now having bills for simcard and a debt recovery agent is involved. We printed chat. Just very frustrating never been in debt before. It's just so confusing. I phoned up debt agency they gave a number for id but I need a pin to continue. I have looked through emails cannot find a pin. Cannot even sign into id

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mamark Williams,

Welcome to the Community!

When you cancel your account you would still be billed for the time that the line was active.

If you cancelled your direct debit or didn’t make the payment you would have an outstanding balance on your account.

Please let us know if you would like a breakdown of the balance and we can PM you.

Kash

I never used the Simcards as we cancelled them the next day. I cannot even get onto the id app now. My husband ordered us 2 new phones the next day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mamark Williams 

Okay, please have your husband contact us themselves if they are the account holder.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?