Solved

replacement SIM required

• 28 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I ordered a new IDMobile SIM, and they’ve started taking payment. The first SIM just didn’t work - it was unrecognised in my devices, so I spoke on the help chat, and they sent out another.

This one at least seems to be recognised, but there is no number or sign of the SIM actually working on the network.

Undeterred, I went through the registration process, in the hope that this would somehow unlock things. Inevitably, we get to the “we have sent you a text” stage, and I can’t move past that.

Because, STILL, 3 weeks in, the SIM isn’t actually registering on the network to allow me to receive texts, far less connect to the network and use the service I am PAYING to use.

I am really becoming extremely fed up with this. I’m hoping that maybe it just takes IDMobile a bit of time to authorise the SIM, but if this doesn’t work, I’m ripping the damn thing out, sending it back, and expecting a full refund.

I’m tech-literate. I’m not a fool. If I can’t make this work, it’s almost certainly not me, and heaven help less tech-aware types having to go through this process.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 March 2024, 22:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps getting a replacement SIM from your nearest Currys store would be quicker, @stephen1963

It would need to be activated online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap.

Check real-world coverage on the Three UK network at https://mastdata.com, which might not be the best mobile network in the locations you use your phone the most.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @stephen1963,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing.

Have you been able to obtain a replacement SIM card and has it made any improvement?

Kash

Where is my SIM card?

I joined recently but SIM never arrived. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Marek Szubert 

Sorry to hear this, did you place a SIM only order?

What date did you place your order?

Tom

i need replacement sim .as it broken

Why iD Mobile?