Question

ID ACCOUNT REGISTRATION

• 19 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I have recently purchased a SIM only 30 days contract with you. I have received all your emails with the first invoice (including the new number attached to the contract). I also managed to transfer my old number on to this contract without any issue. However, I am trying to get registered in your app and I can’t manage to do it. It keeps saying that the phone number provided is not recognised if I use the number I transferred, however it seems to send an SMS if I put the new number attached to the contract, however I don’t receive it in my phone.

Can you please help me out?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @bsuarezm 

In this case it may be worth awaiting until the port has fully completed before registering, so the text will get sent to the correct phone number.

You should be able to register with the number we issue before a port completes, the verification text would be sent to the iD Mobile SIM card with that number on it.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply Tom. The problem is that I ported the number and therefore the ID Mobile number no longer exists to receive such SMS. Luckily I tried again this morning and it looks like the porting process is fully complete now and it sent me the SMS to the ported number. I would suggest to include this scenario in the registration instructions to avoid other people falling in the same trap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @bsuarezm,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?