Solved

ID Mobile customer service is so poor

• 27 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I was taught that the true character of a company can be judged by not how well their product works but by how they handle problems when they occur.

I was just on the live chat and asked a straight forward question but could not get a straight forward answer, so the agent passed me off to Sales and Retentions who was said to have all the answers. The agent reassured “I understand the question” but then went on not to answer it but like a recurring decimal kept trying to sell me a new plan. After all … that’s what Sales does. The poor sales person did not have further details and said plan are “system generated”. (May AI and not humans are controlling the system?)

So here is the question folks … and please don’t laugh at my plan …. this plan satisfies my needs 😊. Apart from the glaringly obvious 2GB data what is the difference between the two? There are no free lunches. There has to be a difference … and I found it out … see below the image.

Current plan

• Rolling monthly SIM only contract.
  • Price: £5 monthly - steady since I bought this in May 2018
  • Data: 1GB with unused data rolled over every other month

Online upgrade offers includes:

• Rolling monthly SIM only contract.
  • Price: £5
  • Data: 2GB

Below the plan there is this note “CPI changes apply to all plans” but tit is not hyperlinked to the “CPI changes” definition and charges.

Combing through the website, I learnt that, that green icon means “Legal Stuff” and the CPI changes means:

CPI changes

Your monthly cost will be adjusted each April by the Consumer Price Index rate (CPI) published in February by the Office for National Statistics, plus an additional fixed 3.9%. In March, you will receive a text from us notifying you of the CPI +3.9% adjustment. We will also publish the CPI rate on our website as soon as it becomes available.

So the answer to my question is that if I changed from my legacy contract to this new contract I will be paying price increases each year. There is no to cover up that information. Just be honest and transparent. Provide the customer with all the information to make a decision.

If my contract was subject to CPI changes then my price would have moved from £5 per month to £9.37 today.

On the odd occasion that I need more data it is more cost effective to buy an add-on.

If in future my needs require me to upgrade to a £60 per month plan then I will but until then just train your agents to be honest and transparent ID Mobile.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 27 April 2023, 12:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iD Mobile do not apply the annual CPI/RPI increase to their SIM only plans at present and they claim to have no current plans to change that.

See it on their SIM only page - https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/upgrade/id-sim-only-deals

And here is a screenshot retrieved 27 April 2023 1206BST:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @TerryA,

This is subject to an annual review but the 2023 increase (nor previous ones for at least the past 3-4 years at least) were not applied to SIM only plans.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?