Solved

Increase Credit Limit

• 19 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

My phone accidentally joined a non-eu network while i was close to the border and quickly reached my £25 credit limit (my own fault for not keeping tabs on it - i know). 

I can’t now make any chargeable calls or SMS and I have 26 days left on this billing month. How do i increase my credit limit so I can make calls again?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 December 2022, 20:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I doubt you’ll be able to increase your credit limit @Snout9648.

Apparently, iD Mobile’s maximum credit limit is £75.
In addition, you’d need to speak to an iD agent using the iD live chat service to make your request. The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Good luck @Snout9648.   

I doubt you’ll be able to increase your credit limit @Snout9648.

Apparently, iD Mobile’s maximum credit limit is £75.
In addition, you’d need to speak to an iD agent using the iD live chat service to make your request. The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Good luck @Snout9648.   

Thank you, I contacted them via live chat and they increased my credit limit.

And if anyone is travelling in the North Sea I advise you disable roaming for your trip, as it’s £9.60 per MB on maritime rates so i reached £25 limit listening to one song on spotify when i thought i was on WiFi. 😮

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Snout9648 

Glad to hear you could get the bill cap/credit limit raised @Snout9648!

When roaming I’d always recommend manually connecting to a network instead of automatically selecting networks so that you don’t accidentally connect to a bordering country.

It’s also always worth checking the International Calling & Roaming Charges page on our website before a trip.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?