Question

Is a PAC code needed?

• 28 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Is a PAC code needed when transferring from an ID monthly plan to a ID pay as you go plan? And how do I do it?

My 24 month contract ends on 22 Nov and I need to know if I 

i) need to cancel it now, so I’m not charged any extra

ii) need to request a PAC code, as I want to keep my number regardless if I stay or leave ID after the 22 Nov

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kcq,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately you can’t port an iD Mobile number from one account to another.

You can get your PAC by texting PAC to 65075 from the number you want to keep.

If you have any issues, please let us know.

Kash

Thanks Kash, that’s helpful.

Will my contract automatically end without further charge, or do I need to actively cancel it so I won’t be transferred onto a rolling contract? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks Kash, that’s helpful.

Will my contract automatically end without further charge, or do I need to actively cancel it so I won’t be transferred onto a rolling contract? 

If you use the PAC before the 24-month minimum term has finished, there’s an early termination fee @kcq

If you use the PAC after the minimum term has finished, your iD account is closed when the number is transferred to the new service provider. Your final bill is normally produced the day after your iD account is closed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kcq,

I hope that @andewhite  has answered your query.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Thanks @andewhite and @Kash can you tell me how much is the early termination fee? 

As my last day of my contract is on the 22 November, should I send it to the new provider on the 22 Nov for activation on the 23rd (as it could take up to 24hrs to activate), or should I send it to them on the 23rd for activation by the 24th? Ideally don’t want to incur a charge or disruption to service. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d request the PAC from iD on 20th Nov @kcq.

I’d give the PAC (from iD) to the new service provider on 22nd Nov, before 4pm.

Assuming everything goes well, number you want to keep gets transferred to the new service provider on 23rd Nov, and your final iD bill is generated on 24th Nov. 

Number transfers don’t happen immediately @kcq, so could be several hours without service between the iD SIM becoming inactive, and number you’re keeping working with your new provider's SIM.

Hi @andewhite and @Kash what are the steps if if I want to switch to a SIM only deal with ID Mobile? 

Also, please tell me how much the termination fee is. I followed the ‘Thinking of leaving now’ link and there isn’t any mention of a termination fee, just a final bill which includes the total cost of my line rental and remaining contract. There is no extra charge included in this. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite and @Kash what are the steps if if I want to switch to a SIM only deal with ID Mobile? 

Also, please tell me how much the termination fee is. I followed the ‘Thinking of leaving now’ link and there isn’t any mention of a termination fee, just a final bill which includes the total cost of my line rental and remaining contract. There is no extra charge included in this. 

Text “INFO DDMMYY” to 85075, where DDMMYY is your date of birth as recorded with iD Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @kcq 

The final bill would be your early termination fee, the early termination fee consists of the remaining bills to pay on the account.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?